stuck at splash screen already tried recovery, am I screwed?

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Today all of a sudden my HTC M8 decided not to work anymore... it loads, but it gets stuck to the splash screen with the HTC logo.

I tried all the boots and recovery so far ( not yet the factory reset )
I went through all the options in the boot mode: fastboot, recovery, , ramdump, reboot fastboot... power down.. removed the memory... i've been playing around a few hours so far but nothing...

Anyone know what can it be? Am I completely hopeless? :((

any input is very welcome, thanks!!
Alex

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
follow up.... all of a sudden the phone woke up ... but I started to get multiple messages of blinkin crash.... i kept on pressing - send or don't send report.... then at some point the phone went again off and now back to the HTC logo ...

Last edited:

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry that you're facing this issue. I don't think it's an Android issue, but rather an HTC hardware or firmware issue. I suspect the only possible option for you is to reflash the stock ROM, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to get to that step in the phone's current state: How to Return Your HTC One to 100% Stock (Unroot & Update) « HTC One

thanks for the reply! there are updates! the phone started to work 3 times, but each time it was switching off itself after a few minutes.... I was getting a bunch of error messages that blinkfeed stopped working( i always disabled blinkfeed as i find it useless, but for some reason it comes back )

then i tried to download the HTC updates and i got the message that there's not enough storage... and after a few minutes boom, the phone switches off itself and starts the boot loop. it boots several times and then at some point it will start again... but just for a few minutes

during this period of time i just don't have time to delete anyhing.... any suggestions?!
thanks!

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry that you're facing this issue. I don't think it's an Android issue, but rather an HTC hardware or firmware issue. I suspect the only possible option for you is to reflash the stock ROM, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to get to that step in the phone's current state: How to Return Your HTC One to 100% Stock (Unroot & Update) « HTC One

i manage to get in everynow and then, but only for a few minutes before the phone switches off and goes on a booting loop.
when it first starts i get all the errors of blinkfeeds not working, and then when i try to download the updates it says there is not enough memory... so it could also be the lack of memory... but i never have time to delete anything because after a few minutes the phone switches off!
any idea?

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

ps did you give me a link about how to return my phone to a shop? sorry, that's not an option, i just need to fix it :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

ps did you give me a link about how to return my phone to a shop? sorry, that's not an option, i just need to fix it :)

Actually he gave you a guide on how to re flash the stock Rom to fix it, but mentioned he did not know for sure if you would be able to get to that step in the phone's current state

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Actually he gave you a guide on how to re flash the stock Rom to fix it, but mentioned he did not know for sure if you would be able to get to that step in the phone's current state

I'm trying to follow the instructions on " How to Return Your HTC One to 100% Stock (Unroot & Update) « HTC One " , the procedure starts by resetting the CID if You Are Coming from a Converted Google Play Edition M8 ... i have no idea about this converted google play edition... i have an unlocked HTC M8, where i use googleplay, that's it...

Also, it says to type some commands ... but on my PC, when i go to command prompt... i first need to select my connected phone dir, right? i can't just type "adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem writecid 11111111
fastboot reboot" if i'm not in the right directory, right?

So the first question is... how do i get in my phone directory from the PC cmd? cause i don't see it, please see screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot - 08_12_2016 , 12_44_53.png
    Screenshot - 08_12_2016 , 12_44_53.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

alxdvc4

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Also, is there another way to disable blinkFeed other than swiping in the screen?
because my home screen display doesn't work anymore... i can just be on settings or on any given app for the few minutes that my phone works

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but this is beyond my scope of knowledge. Hopefully someone with more direct expertise in this area can give you a good answer -- good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2