Unfortunately, people has stopped

DaveDubIrl

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
My battery died a few days.ago When I switched the phone on while charging it, the following error message came up: "Unfortunately, people has stopped". I cannot seem get rid of the error, and can't make or receive calls. Several other apps are crashing immediately upon being opened, e.g. SMS, Reddit is Fun. I did a factory reset, and the error message appeared immediately when the first screen came up. Any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would suspect either a problem with the firmware, or perhaps an issue with the SD card (if one is inserted). Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. If the problem persists, then you may have to consider reinstalling the firmware. If you have the Verizon variant, you can use their Repair Assistant. I'm not sure if other variants have this option, though.

DaveDubIrl

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
The issue somehow resolved itself with no further action. I presume the app that was causing a problem was automatically updated and the conflict issue was fixed with the update. Thanks again.

Edit: Aaaaand it's back with a vengeance. It seemed to have resolved itself and was working fine for the last 4 days or so, but the problem just came back. I removed the SD card and rebooted, but that didn't solve it. The trigger for the issue returning seemed to be tapping the password field on a website that Chrome stored the password for. Chrome crashed and the "People has stopped" error message directly followed. I'll look at the firmware reinstallment option, if it's straightforward (I'm on the Three network in Ireland).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae