What would you like to see come out with the M9?

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
8 ultrapixel camera,
RGB LED,
waterproofing,
more audio customization,
dimmer "night mode" screen with adjustable levels of blue light.

Posted via Android Central App

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I would buy one if it was not so tall and the huge bezel reminds me if my Iphone.. Hate it

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I like to see either a 16-24 megapixel camera, if its impressive then maybe I will consider going back to an HTC Device, I miss Sense

jedijoren

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see a design more like the m7 than the 8, as I thought it looked much better and felt less like an iPhone. I would like them to keep doing ultra pixels, as I like where it's going. I hope for water proof, and beets speakers (but I doubt that will happen) and for HTC sense to stay how it is now. I would like for it to dominate design, like the m7 did, and have m7 style buttons.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a design more like the m7 than the 8, as I thought it looked much better and felt less like an iPhone. I would like them to keep doing ultra pixels, as I like where it's going. I hope for water proof, and beets speakers (but I doubt that will happen) and for HTC sense to stay how it is now. I would like for it to dominate design, like the m7 did, and have m7 style buttons.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I agree with you. I want the M7 front with the M8 back design and the screen size of the M7 or at least cut the bezels way down on the M8's 5" screen.

Beijendorf

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love the design, craftsmanship and engineering that has gone into the M8, both on a hardware and a software side.

The only thing that let me down about it was the dual rear-facing camera. They had the option to use some fantastic computational imagery alternatives like the Toshiba dual-lens setup which creates 13 MP all-in-focus images from two 5 MP sensors. Or they could have used the Corephotonics approach of using one black-and-white sensor with a 3X focal zoom and one wide-angle colour sensor for reduced noise and the ability to have optical zooming without added thickness. The Corephotonics also has OIS, which was something many missed with the dual-lens module HTC used.

So for the M9, I hope HTC step up their dual-lens camera module. The rest is already brilliant.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, ditch the ultra pixel camera, bump up the ram and keep everything else the same. The only thing detracting from the m8 is the camera. It is hands down the fastest running non-nexus kit lat device, htc seems to have gotten the software, now they just need to bump the camera up. Or if they want to keep ultra pixel go 8mp and they will be golden.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
For myself

4gigs of ram
64/128 gig internal storage as the norm external SD card for the cheaper models with less internal storage.
Bluetooth 4
Latest radios and WiFi chips
Highest gpu Nvidia makes
Highest Octo core processor made for phones
4000 battery
500ppi screens
Fully optimized for the best battery life, best screens, smoothest transitions
Optional wireless charging case
Fully able to customize theme docks app drawer keyboards dialers
5.1/5.5" screens

The camera should set the bar for mobile phones so contract with Fugifilm /Olympus /Cannon for the absolute best that has ever been bar none. It needs to be the best in all aspects so no one will ever slight it again. Offer additional lenes for it and have both automatic and manual software that even novices and professional photographers can be satisfied with.

Better speakers with built-in eq. Think Maggie's here with the best small electrostatic speakers available with the best Wolfson DACS with it and the needed amp driving them

Lastly no carrier exclusive phones

That is what I want

Posted via Android Central App from my HTC M8

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've seen people complain about the "ultra pixel" camera so many times and couldn't understand it...

Moving to the LG3,I finally get it

Graham Cluck

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Seeing how the M8 is so good, I don't feel they need to change a lot. Sense is awesome the way it is, though I'm sure they'll tweak it some. Still it's not perfect so here's what I'd like to see with the M9. Shorten it some for starters. The black bar is a bit much. Boomsound rules, so keep it. Maybe upgrade it a tad for clarity. Keep the 32 gigs internal with the SD storage. Screen bump slightly to 5.2 perhaps, MAYBE 5.5, if they can keep the bezels reasonable. Keep the ultra pixels. Yes, keep it. The duo camera too. It helps set it apart from the pack. However, it needs a bump to 8 mp, so you can actually zoom. And OIS has to be in there too. Snapdragon 805 clocked at say 2.8 would make it fly even better than the M8 with the 801. Let's go 3 gigs of RAM. Bigger battery to outdo Samsung and keep pace with LG would be smart. Say, 3000 mAh, maybe 3200 if possible, to give it killer battery life. And we can probably do without QHD, and stick with 1080p, and just bump the pixels, and refine color representation. But, I bet they go 1440 anyway, to keep pace with the market. And keep it light on bloat and only put features in there people will use. That's part of what makes Sense so great already. Outside of that, I can't think of much else. The series doesn't need an overhaul, just more of an evolution than the S5 was from the S4.

Post provided by the awesomeness of my M8

Last edited:

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm patiently waiting for a better camera. Come next year if one isn't available I will move to something else. I'm doing fine with my DNA... for now

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what I would like to see in the M9, but I know I do not want to see a bigger phone. I'm a man and I don't have a purse to put a brick of a phone in.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I look at the M8 I really like it, just think it's a bit to tall for the 5" screen. As said many times in this post figure out how to shorten the black bar. I think an ~8UP camera would do wonders for HTC as well.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to see an evolution of the same design language. The M9 should weigh less, have smaller bezel and a better UltraPixel camera with more Mpixels, at least 8. I hope HTC doesn't go to a 5,5" display, unless they reduce the bezel so much that the device is as tall as now. I would prefer if the device got shorter though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just bump up the MP on the M9 and I'll be happy. Everything looks and feels great in the hand, just give us a better camera :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12