What would you like to see come out with the M9?

aviotron

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Thinner bezels
few more megapixels
shorter length
screen size not more than 5 in
no-QHD display
3000 mAh battery
sense 4 clock widgets (please!)

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
ok so id like to see the M9 which will be be my next phone have:
-2.5 GHz snapdragon 810 processor
-3GB of DDR 5 RAM
a 5.3 inch 1080p screen( 2K isnt necessary)
- Quick charge 2.0 and USB 3.0 with vooc equivalent technology (think the oppo find 7a technology)
- 8 mega pixel front facing camera with a 4 ultra pixel front camera as well. Both the front and rear facing camera should be made by one of either Fugifilm, Olympus and Cannon.( the Camera is all just speculative of course)
- for the rear facing camera a 16 mega pixel camera and duo lense with a 8 ultra pixel camera which works in tandem creating photos with vibrant details and execellent low light preformances.
- Turn the HTC logo on the phone to a fingerprint scanner at least this way the HTC logo is being used and more 5S like not galaxy S5 like.
- Improved Boom sound speakers
- 3450 MAH Battery
- base storage of 64 GB with support for micro SD card.
HTC like other OEM should also release 2 more versions of the phone a mini so 4.3 to 4.7 inch screen a full 5.3 inch and a 5.7 inch versions with consistant specs the mini would have all the same specs and features but instead have a 2880 mAH battery the 5.3 inch would have a 3450 MAH and the 5.7 inch would have a 3800 MAH.
and finally use a Sapphire for the display.
-

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
A side power key would be my first choice. The Desire 820 has one so I'm hoping they bring it over. I never touch it with the Dot View case on, but out of the case it is a bit of a stretch, and I would leave the case off more often if I could hit it without having to shimmy my finger across.

I didn't say more megapixels, because it's too much of a common sense/natural progression change. They aren't going to stay with 4MP for the third year in a row, and I remember an interview with one of their camera engineers saying that they thought 8MP is ideal, and that's where they wanted to get to. I personally don't want anything over 13MP right now; 8MP alone is usually overkill. When you start reaching 13+ the only real benefit is cropping, and that's because (in most cases) optical zoom isn't there for varied focal lengths. (So try to find a way to include another zoom level without drastically increasing the size.) What I'd want from the camera is the purple fringing gone, and more consistency. The camera isn't terrible, it just ranges from great to pathetic. I can take three pictures of the same thing and 2/3 will be acceptable, but all three will look different.

The black bar doesn't really bother me either. I like having someplace I can rest my thumb. The screen is so sensitive that I can actually hit the on screen buttons from only the very tip of the black bar. If they got rid of it completely I can see myself accidentally activating the buttons all the time. I'd like it if they made it smaller; if they did something like fit a slightly larger screen in the same height and a smidge wider, but I don't think it'll be gone completely. It seems most likely that they'll follow the Desire 820, and make all the bezels a smidge smaller, rather than chunk out a whole portion they've been using for two years, and X amount of devices.

Something less likely to happen, but that I'd want is a dedicated camera key. Having one is just so nice. Being able to just press it to go into the camera would be so much easier than having to hold the phone landscape and press a volume key, which is both slow and never works unless I'm holding the phone perfectly horizontal. And you could do it with the screen already on, since trying it right now just ya know turns the volume down.

Probably the only other hardware change I'd like to see is an improvement with the speakers. "Make them sound better" or "make them louder," which would be great, but that's not what I mean. When you get further and further away from the speakers, the quality of what you hear drops off, and that's what I'd like improved. Physics is limiting it, but make listening from 10 feet away closer to what you'd hear from 4 feet. It sounds great up close, but the bigger the distance, the more hollow it seems.

Thought of something else: have some sort of grip or texture on the sides. The phone is slippery, and even though it's gotten less slick as time went on, it's still slippery. They don't have to mess with the entire phone, just the sides you clamp your hands or fingers on. The lines on the sides could be extended to cover the area inbetween and given some texture without redesigning the whole thing. Or it could be styled like the Droid DNA grilles. Some really good color combinations could be made from that instead of all blue or all red.

With software, having Motion Launch to turn off the screen would be great.

More themes, or being able to customize the colors would be good too.

And please for the love of all that is good with gravy, take away the clock in the status bar if you have a clock widget, or at least the stock HTC clock widgets. And in the lockscreen. It's redundant to have a clock in two places at once. Nexus 7 doesn't have two on the lockscreen. You don't need two. Open up that space for something else like more notifications or so it doesn't look like an entire row of crowded icons.

And most importantly, keep what made the M7 and M8 great. Except make them better.

Last edited:

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
WAY better camera- no ultrapixel- no dumb duo-focus gimmicks
5.5" screen- less narrow
louder speakers
I'll be happy

Under $700, waterproof, replaceable battery, I'll be truly excited.

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I really love my M8. Take away the black HTC bar, give me 8MP without increasing shutter speed, and (wishful thinking) take a cue from Moto and give me GEL as the launcher.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it goes without saying. The M9 will improve upon everything the M8 offers today. It's logical evolution That includes processor, camera, display, design etc. I just hope HTC delivers another device that will be considered by many as the best android device on the market.

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
A whole new camera. Not a fan of the "ultrapixel" technology in the M7 and (I assume) M8. Would like a return to form with the M9. For the time, I loved the camera on my HTC Evo. In some ways, comparing photos I took in 2010 to photos my M7 has produced, the Evo was actually better. :confused:

PETER VORDOS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the M7 and i'm happy. If i will buy someday a new phone, it will be again HTC.
What i would like?
Sure an 8 Ultrapixel camera with better flash. (i don't mind even it gets a little bit thicker)
A usb 3.0 port.
Better battery
Max 5,5 display (no QHD please)

M8 is a great overall phone. HTC will remain alive as a company and surpass all the others if she makes clever moves in her next phone
All she needs is to hear the users and have better marketing.
and finally reduce a bit the price
Else RIP HTC.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
RGB light, don't make it any bigger and put the volume button on the left. Other than this is a great phone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
-Brilliant design (they're on a roll and far ahead of other Android manufacturers here)
-Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sense 7.0
-Boomsound/Front facing stereo speakers (again, they're the clear leader here)
-1440p 5.2" IPS LCD panel (the competition will be 4k by the end of next year... Pointless but hey, I'm not standing in the way of advancement)
-Snapdragon 810 (64 bit support, better GPU than the 805 as well)
-3GB (pretty standard for 2015 flagships)
-32GB storage, microSD expandable (now that L has revamped its SD support)
-3000mah battery with quick charge 2.0 support (likely will be 2800, but I'd like at least 3000)
-5mp front facing (improved over last year) cam, 16mp "conventional" rear facing camera with OIS, or 8 "ultrapixel" camera (similar to the iphone 6 plus)
-Waterproof (I DO NOT want this - it will ultimately serve to hurt the speaker and build; but this industry is sadly blatantly reactionary, so this may end up making it in)

Selfish wants: Multicolor, bigger, brighter notification light. Power button the side of the device. Keep the IR blaster. Be conscious of bezel and keep it to a minimum. Pedometer.

I think that'll be pretty close to the final product. I may wait for it - my One M7 is still going strong - or I may cop out and get the Note 4 or iPhone 6+ instead. Either way, I'm confident it'll be at least near the top of the Android heap for 2015 flagships. The One M8, imo, destroyed the S5 and still holds up well today.

I also fully expect HTC to inexplicably skimp on one of the above - eg going with a Snapdragon 805.