What would you like to see come out with the M9?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't care for the screen optimization. With front speakers (which I like) they need to keep the rest clean allowing for the same size display in a bit smaller of a phone

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

KatMiku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Remove the dumb black bar saying ''HTC'' under the screen, if you have issues with '' it needs that space for the internals'' then knock on LG's door for tips on how to make a slim design device.

I'm pretty sure we can have BoomSound speakers that don't need that big black bar, since the speaker is underneath the speakergrill and not underneath the black bar.

KatMiku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
uh, a release date not till next year... That would be nice.

I agree, all this nonsense with Prime versions and non Prime versions is BS, if I pay 600 for a phone off contract then I expect to have the best device of that company in my hands for at least 12 months.
One of the reasons I will never buy a Sony, they hardly got their Z2 released and the Z3 is gonna be announced in September at IFA

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree, all this nonsense with Prime versions and non Prime versions is BS, if I pay 600 for a phone off contract then I expect to have the best device of that company in my hands for at least 12 months.
One of the reasons I will never buy a Sony, they hardly got their Z2 released and the Z3 is gonna be announced in September at IFA

Its really annoying, but I'm sure that wish won't be answered. Its just too much all at once. Let me enjoy my device before you upgrade it 6 months later... But thats the technology game. Can't win lol

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Just minor things really.

If they can remove the 'htc' bar and shorten the phone, that'd be great, but I feel the speakers take up extra room so they need the extra space. Maybe next year they can improve it.

Also the camera. While I like it and it's great for 90% of the shots I take, it does tend to lack in landscape/scenery type of shots. So a bump in MP would be great, though I'd still like to see the 'ultrapixel' concept still remain. I love the low light shots it can do.

Other than that nothing really. I love the software/UI, love the build/feel of it. I think it's a great phone.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Basically everything that the M8 Prime was supposed to be.
Larger screen! The M8 5" is very, very narrow for a 5". I sent mine back.
Drop the failed UltraPixel approach.
Drop the focus gimmicks and party tricks
Make a freakin camera that works well in all conditions
Improve loudness of speakers.
Get a file manager on-board that allows users to access/move/write to microSD and get around this KitKat foolishness.
Add bigger battery and give the thing more heft.
Personally I have no need for a phone to be as light as160 grams.
I'm a man. I can handle a little more than that. These light phones feel like they are going to fly away on me- or I'm going to just drop them between my fingers.

DrewRasmus

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Bigger battery is always better.
A better camera... I'm a photographer, you can get some good shots with 4 MP but even 8MP would make a huge difference to me.
not quite as tall.

I don't know really, i lovelovelove this phone and there isn't much i'd improve.
I wouldn't be against putting the buttons on the back like the LG.

htchtcsync

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
* Ability to resize the photos on phone.
* A working htc sync manager instead of a bloody waste of space and time wasting sync manager
* So far I tried two sd cards and both didnt work. Maybe the cards were damaged. I'm going to buy a new sd card and install to see if it works and if it doesn't then theres something wrong with the phone I bought..!!
* Built in video call option

For the price I paid for this phone ( 2500 Turkish Lira) you would think all of the above would be featured and working 100%..! I have always used Samsung.. But never ever again.. I reckon Samsung should stick to manufactuiring washing machines and stay away from mobile phones..! So far I am happy with HTC but for the price I paid its disappointing not to have for example a built in video talk option and the option to resize the photos..!

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen/less bezels all around (no black bar!) and more storage!! :) thank you. Oh and bigger battery, flexible screen, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
While it is early, what would you like to see changed from/added on to the M8?

Posted via Android Central App

Fix the camera by either coming up with an algorithm/tech that prevents light source from blowing out the photo or just going with high resolution MP

Black bar has to go. It's blocking section of my video playback and it's totally annoying when that happens

Themes that actually change the menu back ground colors

Power button is hard to reach on top. Side is better

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith