HTC One M9: My bitter disappoinment

Status
Not open for further replies.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, HTC, but the M9....I just...can't....

I just can't get over how it's just looks too similar to the M8. I mean, sure, it has a few subtle differences here and there, and yes, it's still quite a looker, but *sigh* I just don't know what to say.

I mean, sure. Welcome internal upgrades, bigger battery, improved HTC Sense UI, better BoomSound speakers, yes. I love the upgrades, but we might as well call it the M8S at this point, as it's essentially better internals inside the body of an M8, minus the camera.

And boy, when I looked at the S6, my bitter disappointment got more bitter...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I too was disappointed with the M9 reveal but no since in crying over spilled milk so to speak.

There are a lot of internal changes with the M9 from the M8 but you have to go with what is best for your needs. I'm leaning towards the S6 but I will check out the M9 once it's released.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I too was disappointed with the M9 reveal but no since in crying over spilled milk so to speak.

There are a lot of internal changes with the M9 from the M8 but you have to go with what is best for your needs. I'm leaning towards the S6 but I will check out the M9 once it's released.

I'm currently interested in what LG is cooking up for the G4. If it proves to be better than the M9 and has a microSD card slot (removable battery is optional, but I will welcome it), I'm sold. I love the G3.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently interested in what LG is cooking up for the G4. If it proves to be better than the M9 and has a microSD card slot (removable battery is optional, but I will welcome it), I'm sold. I love the G3.

I had the G2 and G3 and really preferred the G2 over the G3. I just couldn't get used to the back buttons. But both are great devices and I'm sure the G4 won't disappoint.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the G2 and G3 and really preferred the G2 over the G3. I just couldn't get used to the back buttons. But both are great devices and I'm sure the G4 won't disappoint.

I'm pretty sure the G4 will be another great device. LG's moving up in the smartphone world.

I would love front-facing speakers because, let's face it. After getting used to them on my M7, every bottom and rear-mounted speaker sounded dull.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is it me or does the m8 actually look better? When looking from the front I like how there is less perceptible bezel on the m8 sides, the bezel on the m9 sides seems more noticeable.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I also prefer how the M8 looked, personally.

That squared camera just doesn't cut it for me, personally.

Seems like it's getting ever so slightly uglier...

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the look of the M9... the new finish looks sharp, and the two-tone colors are unique. If they managed to make it slightly easier to grip by creating a ledge on the side and being a little more angular, even better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I had been planning on getting the m9 for a while now. I have no problems with the looks. But oh, that awful camera.......

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I want to see what the final software on the camera will do before I judge it.
I understand that. But, there is only so much software can do to make up for the lack of OIS and/or a faster aperture lens considering the sensor size used.

Phone releases in a month. What we're seeing is no different than the Moto X (both models): a really nice phone let down by poor hardware for the camera. For those who don't care about the camera, this will be a great device. For everyone else, it's a disappointment. Hell, I'd rather have last year's ultra pixel cam module than this one.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Except the iPhone 6 doesn't have OIS it has a digital one and it performs pretty well and that is all software. Do I have confidence that HTC can deliver to the extent that Apple can camera software wise? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean the HTC can't improve before launch. I just find it funny looking at all these pics online from different phones. Except for the obvious over exposed due to bright sun pics and indoor low light pics I really can't tell the difference between any of these high end phones. I hear guys saying, oh, this has to much green or too much red. Get out of here. lol.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
People are talking about the side gold color of the phone. Doesn't matter if it looks nice, you'll put a case/skin on your phone and it won't be seen anyway. Call me angry, but I think that was a pointless move by HTC. Especially when the side of the phone looks like a clip on case. They essentially put trim for a vehicle on a smartphone.

And why does it take 300 minutes or whatever it is to machine the aluminum is insane. For that amount of time a new design probably would have been feasible. Something HTC pointed out in their presentation. Seems like a waste of money. HTC..that's not important to bring up in a presentation..just FYI. "My coworkers ask me all the time how long it took for HTC to machine my M8 (rolling my eyes)." Just goes to show HTC didn't really have anything relevant about their new flagship to talk about.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
People are talking about the side gold color of the phone. Doesn't matter if it looks nice, you'll put a case/skin on your phone and it won't be seen anyway. Call me angry, but I think that was a pointless move by HTC. Especially when the side of the phone looks like a clip on case. They essentially put trim for a vehicle on a smartphone.

And why does it take 300 minutes or whatever it is to machine the aluminum is insane. For that amount of time a new design probably would have been feasible. Something HTC pointed out in their presentation. Seems like a waste of money. HTC..that's not important to bring up in a presentation..just FYI. "My coworkers ask me all the time how long it took for HTC to machine my M8 (rolling my eyes)." Just goes to show HTC didn't really have anything relevant about their new flagship to talk about.

I thought they spent much too much time during the presentation speaking about how they came up with a way to make the metal look the way it does and about how premium the device looks. I would have preferred they spent some time discussing the improvements. For example, they chose to use EIS over OIS to save space for a bigger battery, but there was no mention of it. I don't recall them talking about the battery or many other details. I thought they rushed the phone part to get to the VR headset...which was awesome though.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Except the iPhone 6 doesn't have OIS it has a digital one and it performs pretty well and that is all software. Do I have confidence that HTC can deliver to the extent that Apple can camera software wise? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean the HTC can't improve before launch. I just find it funny looking at all these pics online from different phones. Except for the obvious over exposed due to bright sun pics and indoor low light pics I really can't tell the difference between any of these high end phones. I hear guys saying, oh, this has to much green or too much red. Get out of here. lol.

HTC m9 has eis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie