Where's the Phablet HTC?

Nismo75

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
As an avid user of the HTC One Max over the last year and a half I was looking forward to the unveiling of the 2nd rumoured M9 phablet phone!!!!!!! What happened? Does it exist? Will HTC release it in a few months with a mini version?

I love the max and its 5.9" screen, don't think I could go back to a 5" screen....too small (for me anyway!!).

Keeping my fingers crossed HTC that's it's in the pipeline!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Nismo75

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Where's the Phablet HTC??????

I have never ever seen the HTC one max, in store or in public.

I have it and love it. The carphone warehouse in the UK stocked it when it first came out, however I have not seen it anywhere else in the last year. At the time it came out I think it was a bit of a risk for HTC as it is so big. I thought it was huge when I first started using it.....now, however it feels normal and 2 handed use natural to me!!!

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site

I have it and love it. The carphone warehouse in the UK stocked it when it first came out, however I have not seen it anywhere else in the last year. At the time it came out I think it was a bit of a risk for HTC as it is so big. I thought it was huge when I first started using it.....now, however it feels normal and 2 handed use natural to me!!!

Thing is HTC sucks at marketing so making a phablet that's will be dwarfed by the iphone plus and note 4 is pointless. Nobody will buy an HTC phablet.

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Nobody will buy an HTC phablet.

How would you know if they don't release one. The HTC One Max was terrible. All the reviewer thrashed it. If they release a good quality Phablet I'd be the first in line.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I wanted the Max 18 months ago but at the time Verizon didn't carry it so I had to settle for a Note 2 at the time.

I have always liked the HTC One series and if they come out with a new phablet I just about guarantee I will get it with my upgrade next year. Sadly I haven't heard any news of such a device. Hopefully we will actually get one this fall though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Xader

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

How would you know if they don't release one. The HTC One Max was terrible. All the reviewer thrashed it. If they release a good quality Phablet I'd be the first in line.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

The One Max absolutely was not "terrible".

They took the One M7 (which was an extremely high-rated phone) and made the screen bigger and added a fingerprint scanner. So to say the Max was terrible is to say the the original HTC One was terrible, since they are the same phone, only different sizes.

Thy reason the Max received suck lack-luster reviews is BECAUSE it was just a blown up One. Coming out nearly a year later, everyone expected MORE.

It was a solid device, and those of us who bought one have enjoyed it immensely, but it was simply a commercial failure due to the fact that nothing about it really shone.

Personally I was ecstatic to hear that they were looking at doing a successor, because it would give HTC a chance to correct their previous mistakes. Specifically, some phablet-centric features and more powerful processor.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

The One Max absolutely was not "terrible".

They took the One M7 (which was an extremely high-rated phone) and made the screen bigger and added a fingerprint scanner. So to say the Max was terrible is to say the the original HTC One was terrible, since they are the same phone, only different sizes.

Thy reason the Max received suck lack-luster reviews is BECAUSE it was just a blown up One. Coming out nearly a year later, everyone expected MORE.

It was a solid device, and those of us who bought one have enjoyed it immensely, but it was simply a commercial failure due to the fact that nothing about it really shone.

Personally I was ecstatic to hear that they were looking at doing a successor, because it would give HTC a chance to correct their previous mistakes. Specifically, some phablet-centric features and more powerful processor.

I'm happy to see a One Max owner make this case about the quality of the phone. God knows tech reviewers love jumping on bandwagons (probably an unavoidable effect of "repurposing" so much content from other sites/sources every day). However, the Engadget page below actually supports your defense of the One Max.

HTC One Max review - Engadget

Engadget whizzed all over the phone, giving it a total score of 71, lower than their scores for most of the second-tier or budget HTC phones released between 2010 and 2013! The User Reviews, on the other hand, gave the Max a total score somewhere in the middle 90s (9.6 compared to Engadget's 7.2).

It's those Engadget user reviews that have kept me interested in and hoping for a new HTC phablet, one with a display no smaller than 5.5". It doesn't look like that's going to happen this year, but it would be awesome if it did.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
if they do, they better hit a home run cause 2015 will be loaded with phablets ... the lg note, 2015 nexus, iPhone 6s+ and note 5 is big time competition. HTC better know what they're doing and will need to completely overhaul their marketing department for it to be successful

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Point taken. Especially about the marketing department. They should have been put on standby the minute they suggested that Robert Downey, Jr and Gary Oldman were HTC's ticket to street cred, sex appeal and megamonstrous sales figures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca