M9 early gaming benchmarks, beat all

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
More powerful doesn't mean better battery. The A8 ad E7420 are a lot more efficient.
Meanwhile, in the Antutu benchmark, the S6 scored over 70K while the M9 was at 55K. Benchmarks aren't a good way to gauge performance

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
More powerful doesn't mean better battery. The A8 ad E7420 are a lot more efficient.
Meanwhile, in the Antutu benchmark, the S6 scored over 70K while the M9 was at 55K. Benchmarks aren't a good way to gauge performance

Normally, I agree with you. Especially with a benchmark like Antutu.

But when you start looking at results for T-rex and Manhattan onscreen, then yes it does matter. It shows that if a game with similar graphical capabilities is being run then it is much harder on a higher res screen and will have far lower frame rates then 1080p.
(even off screen it seems the Mali GPU is not as good as the Adrino)

The real question is with the 810 how will the G4 perform if they keep the screen at 2k like the S6.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Normally, I agree with you. Especially with a benchmark like Antutu.

But when you start looking at results for T-rex and Manhattan onscreen, then yes it does matter. It shows that if a game with similar graphical capabilities is being run then it is much harder on a higher res screen and will have far lower frame rates then 1080p.
(even off screen it seems the Mali GPU is not as good as the Adrino)

The real question is with the 810 how will the G4 perform if they keep the screen at 2k like the S6.

True, but if Samsung really did avoid the SD810 because of heating issues, that may also affect performance by thermal throttling. Or it can just overheat your phone

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
True, but if Samsung really did avoid the SD810 because of heating issues, that may also affect performance by thermal throttling. Or it can just overheat your phone

That's true for every phone. Even the 801 and 805 throttle. Even the A8x throttles. I see no reason that the new Exynos won't throttle as well.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's true for every phone. Even the 801 and 805 throttle. Even the A8x throttles. I see no reason that the new Exynos won't throttle as well.

The 810 (presumably) throttles a lot more than the former SoCs, which is why Samsung said they weren't going to use it

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The 810 (presumably) throttles a lot more than the former SoCs, which is why Samsung said they weren't going to use it

And since it is so easy to test, don't you wonder why it hasn't yet? And since it runs cooler then the 801 in not worried.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
And since it is so easy to test, don't you wonder why it hasn't yet? And since it runs cooler then the 801 in not worried.

The 810 in the LG G2 Flex throttled in several benchmarks. Can't remember where I read the article, but it was throttling 3-4x as much as the 801 and 805 did

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The 810 in the LG G2 Flex throttled in several benchmarks. Can't remember where I read the article, but it was throttling 3-4x as much as the 801 and 805 did

Here is a good test just for you. Just run Manhattan on screen 4 times in a row. Tell me your results with what ever phone you have. You'll see that whatever chipset your phone is using also throttles right away.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung wants to promote their phone and they want to use their own chip. Do you think they'd take an opportunity to bash a competitor in the process? Samsung is not a reliable source of information about the 810's performance.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Samsung wants to promote their phone and they want to use their own chip. Do you think they'd take an opportunity to bash a competitor in the process? Samsung is not a reliable source of information about the 810's performance.

They had no problem using them for the last few years. Why pull out now?

The G Flex 2 had some pretty bad throttling, which I think corroborates Samsung's story a bit. Some reported not being able to increase brightness all the way because of the overheating

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
They had no problem using them for the last few years. Why pull out now?

The G Flex 2 had some pretty bad throttling, which I think corroborates Samsung's story a bit. Some reported not being able to increase brightness all the way because of the overheating

From what I've seen from the gflex 2 can be attributed to LG's UI. You and I have not seen such stuttering from HTC. As for the brightness, again, you haven't seen that yet from HTC. Wait for the reviews dude before jumping on the Samsung rumors and fud.

How's that testing going? Did you try it with the Manhattan demo or 3d mark yet?

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
HTC also has the fact that their phone is basically a giant heatsink. It makes it warmer to hold, sure, but it dissipates heat a lot better than a plastic/glass phone would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy