M9 overheating when running AnTuTu benchmarks??

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's an issue due to certain factors. Firstly this device is (most likely) running with the screen on maximum brightness without going into standby. Next, by looking at the charging indicator light and the fact that it's connected to a power source, leads me to believe that it is discharging faster than the power source is able to replenish. That alone will cause the device to run hot without doing cpu intensive task. Throw in the usage of synthetic benchmarks (not sure how many times it was being ran) and it will start getting hot. One thing to note is that it appears that message dialog is generated from the Antutu application and not the system itself. Maybe Antutu has a threshold for CPU temps that differs from the host OS thermal monitor.

Posted via the Android Central App

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
What planet do you live on Charles? What tech company or blog sites review these flagships in a lab? I think you need a snickers bro.

Yes, Slick1020, lab testing: Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com
So you can see how accurate the photo performance is for example. Also real world testing of the battery and performance benchmarks. All this on final consumer versions.
Slick 1020...do you have a Lumia 1020? Then you know exactly what I'm talking about as there have been several updates to the camera software on your device since it was released. I'll take the snickers though.:)

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
ill be skipping any device that ships with the 810, even erica the tech nerds review of the m9 said it was pretty stuttery, demo or not. also the rumor of lg ditching the 810 for their in house chip. not a coincidence here folks.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
ill be skipping any device that ships with the 810, even erica the tech nerds review of the m9 said it was pretty stuttery, demo or not. also the rumor of lg ditching the 810 for their in house chip. not a coincidence here folks.
There have been at least two reviewer who were given the phone for 24 hours and said that they couldn't make it stutter no matter how hard they tried.

Samsung and LG are moving to their own chips so that they can control their own supply chain. It doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the 810.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Phonearena reporting that Sony may be having issues with the SD810 overheating in the Z4. It's a rumor so take it with a grain of salt. But this is not the first rumor we have heard about with the SD810 having heat dissipation issues....and usually where there's smoke there's fire. Guess we will have to wait and see.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Phonearena reporting that Sony may be having issues with the SD810 overheating in the Z4. It's a rumor so take it with a grain of salt. But this is not the first rumor we have heard about with the SD810 having heat dissipation issues....and usually where there's smoke there's fire. Guess we will have to wait and see.

again this is why im skipping the 810, i don't believe all of these rumored issues are coincidence.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
They may not be a coincidence but they could be overblown. First there was a rumor that it was overheating so Samsung was using their own in-house tech, then there were rumors that the G Flex 2 was overheating but those were shot down. Now there's rumors that the M9 is overheating. It just seems like the rumor is following every phone that is running the 810 whether it's accurate or not. People are just looking at what's going to come out next: the G4 and Z4. I wouldn't be surprised if they are simply re-stating the same rumors simply because those phones are supposed to be using the 810 instead of them coming from credible sources inside of LG's and Sony's R&D labs.

I would take each one with a grain of salt until the professional reviews start coming out. Those normally take time but they should give real world impressions regarding the performance of each phone along with operating temperatures. Until then, I will keep an open mind regarding the 810.

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
They may not be a coincidence but they could be overblown. First there was a rumor that it was overheating so Samsung was using their own in-house tech, then there were rumors that the G Flex 2 was overheating but those were shot down. Now there's rumors that the M9 is overheating. It just seems like the rumor is following every phone that is running the 810 whether it's accurate or not. People are just looking at what's going to come out next: the G4 and Z4. I wouldn't be surprised if they are simply re-stating the same rumors simply because those phones are supposed to be using the 810 instead of them coming from credible sources inside of LG's and Sony's R&D labs.

I would take each one with a grain of salt until the professional reviews start coming out. Those normally take time but they should give real world impressions regarding the performance of each phone along with operating temperatures. Until then, I will keep an open mind regarding the 810.

Yes, still waiting for actual reviews on final software. Won't make a buying decision based on rumors. Definitely interested in M9, really like my M8 though.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Looks like LG is going with the 810 http://bgr.com/2015/03/11/lg-g4-specs-photos-leak/

Posted via the Android Central App