M9 radio frequency support for US carriers

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I put this together based on the FCC filings. If you see any errors, please let me know.

Attachments

• Carrier spectrum.jpg
    Carrier spectrum.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 152
  • M9.jpg
    M9.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 149

Conan Kudo

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Great post, but I noticed a few errors here:
  • Sprint's CDMA bands are BC10 (800MHz) and BC1 (1900MHz), they don't operate any BC0 (850MHz) CDMA network
  • Nobody uses LTE band 10, since that is illegal to use in the U.S. due to the FCC AWS-3 order mandating full AWS-1/3 interop plus interop with AWS-4 downlink, which requires a brand new band class
  • T-Mobile has 850MHz spectrum in one market (Myrtle Beach, SC), but it is unknown when they'll deploy WCDMA 850 service there (or if they already have deployed it)
  • T-Mobile's HTC One M9 variant does not support CDMA at all. For some reason, it's listed in the overview of the SAR report, but there is no test data for CDMA for the variant, nor is it mentioned as an approved technology. It's certain someone forgot to delete those lines from the template the report was generated from.
  • It's UMTS, not UTMS.
  • UMTS/WCDMA uses the same band numbers as LTE, so you could just use 5 for 850, 4 for 1700+2100, and 2 for 1900.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the dev version on T-mobile right now with LTE up and running. No band 12 in my area, but it has the model number on the back that matches the FCC docs for the ATT version, so it should work 100% with T-mobile.

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an unlocked ATT M9 with t-mobile. Works great and I do get LTE service.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

badchris30

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
hi guys i am travelling to us next month i am using a HTC M9 from Uk EE network will itn work on Tmobile LTE network please let me know

thanks chris

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an unlocked ATT M9 with t-mobile. Works great and I do get LTE service.

I just recently switched an unlocked AT&T HTC One M9 over to a prepaid T-Mobile sim card. After going through the dance of building the correct APN the phone is functioning as it was on AT&T's network except - the stock mobile hot spot feature does not/cannot connect or activate. Are you able to utilize the stock mobile hot spot feature on your phone or was it necessary to root & utilize a 3rd party tethering app? I've been unsuccessfully searching to see if there might be a specific APN code or line within an APN code to allow the hot spot to function as intended. Any help/info is appreciated.

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just recently switched an unlocked AT&T HTC One M9 over to a prepaid T-Mobile sim card. After going through the dance of building the correct APN the phone is functioning as it was on AT&T's network except - the stock mobile hot spot feature does not/cannot connect or activate. Are you able to utilize the stock mobile hot spot feature on your phone or was it necessary to root & utilize a 3rd party tethering app? I've been unsuccessfully searching to see if there might be a specific APN code or line within an APN code to allow the hot spot to function as intended. Any help/info is appreciated.
Since I never used the M9 with att I never used that service.
Sorry I wasn't able to help.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
any chance there is one of these for Canadian carriers? thanks

Just check on GSM Arena and search for your device. You will see a list of its bands. Then, head to you -desired- carrier's website and check there to see its compatibility with their network (some even have an 'IMEI compatibility verification tool').

Hope it helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800