Camera may be improved

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Some guy over on XDA claims he has had an M9 test unit since January and that it gets software updates every 36 to 48 hrs. He claims that the camera has improved significantly since he first received it. He may be full of it I don't know. But anyway I don't have a link but his username is hgoldner and its under a post about M9 vs iphone camera if anyone wants to check it out.

Posted via Android Central App

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
If a phone is receiving updates every 36-48 hours, something is wrong with it. Not to mention HTC has to get any changes approved by your carrier unless their apps are in the Android Market of course. Which a lot of apps are now for HTC.

Posted via the Android Central App

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
If a phone is receiving updates every 36-48 hours, something is wrong with it. Not to mention HTC has to get any changes approved by your carrier unless their apps are in the Android Market of course. Which a lot of apps are now for HTC.

A beta product receiving frequent updates isn't unusual. HTC has in the past monitored and logged a device's usage to provide feedback to the engineers. It sounds like they are using the data submitted from field testing (and most likely in-house testing). If they are using the gathered data for analysis and as input for the next software update, then I don't see anything outside the norm. However, doing this so close to the official launch date might seem brazen.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
A beta product receiving frequent updates isn't unusual. HTC has in the past monitored and logged a device's usage to provide feedback to the engineers. It sounds like they are using the data submitted from field testing (and most likely in-house testing). If they are using the gathered data for analysis and as input for the next software update, then I don't see anything outside the norm. However, doing this so close to the official launch date might seem brazen.

Exactly this.

Also: Those who know don't speak. And those who speak don't know.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After being suckered into that M9 initial render, I'll just remain pessimistic.

HTC didn't tell you to believe in a render they didn't come out and say hey this is our phone Lmbo! That camera module you could research yourself,it's brand new the T4kA7 read up on it, see what it can do maybe HTC can have it produce after additional updates heck I don't know but willing to see. Am I doubtful no? I think they can.

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
So much grief about the camera. I don't doubt that the m9 will take perfectly acceptable photos for a mobile device to share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you want to print photos it will do that just fine too. I have a BlackBerry Z10 which has arguably the worst camera and I still have shots from vacations in frames around the house that great! In the end, good photography is about the knowledge and skills of the photographer, not so much about the gear.

I'm looking forward to switching over to Android when this device is available.

Posted via Android Central App

Rbakfan

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick thought. I had a one x a couple of years ago. It was a good phone, but the battery life was terrible. So I went back to the iPhone for a couple of years. Decided this year to give android another shot. Drank the koolaid and went with a s4 active. I've never been more disappointed with a phone in my life. Every time I put it in my pocket I called someone. Trying to take a picture in low light was not very fast. It did take decent pictures if you have time to wait for it to focus. I took it back and got the m8. I think it is far superior to the s5. Quick camera shots in low light is a snap. The fm radio is another plus, and I haven't **** dialed anyone yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87