The unofficial 'I ordered the HTC One M9' thread

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that all color variants will be available on launch day for the US carriers. At a minimum I hope all colors for the M9 can be purchased from HTC directly. My only concern is that all accessories won't be ready in time, especially the different colors of the dot view cases.

Posted via the Android Central App

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I think a lot of people like myself worry about change. Having to learn touchwiz, especially after hearing about lag and bloat.

Yeah, I haven't bought a Samsung phone since the S3. Hopefully all those reviewers talking about best build quality and being the fastest Android phone weren't just fluff.

I'm hoping that all color variants will be available on launch day for the US carriers. At a minimum I hope all colors for the M9 can be purchased from HTC directly. My only concern is that all accessories won't be ready in time, especially the different colors of the dot view cases.

Really? Shouldn't you be worried about the troubling numbers provided by Tweakers?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't bought a Samsung phone since the S3. Hopefully all those reviewers talking about best build quality and being the fastest Android phone weren't just fluff.

Really? Shouldn't you be worried about the troubling numbers provided by Tweakers?

Not a chance, I'm excited about how awesome it's going to be. They made everything about the M8 even better. Given that the M9 is going to crush gaming better than the M8, it's going to be a great media consumption experience. The M9 will nail both the external and internal audio like HTC always does! Best of all I can still use the SD CARD for storing movies, photos, and video recordings without having to worry about running out of storage space. Perfect.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mod note: Please keep the discussion civil and on topic. There is no need to call out other members.

Thread subscribed.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Not a chance, I'm excited about how awesome it's going to be. They made everything about the M8 even better. Given that the M9 is going to crush gaming better than the M8, it's going to be a great media consumption experience. The M9 will nail both the external and internal audio like HTC always does! Best of all I can still use the SD CARD for storing movies, photos, and video recordings without having to worry about running out of storage space. Perfect.

I never thought I would say this, but specs don't tell the whole story.

The G Flex 2 uses the SD 810 and a 3,000 mAH battery and its performance and battery life are abysmal. There's something really wrong with the 810 processor and it's become almost undeniable at this point considering the amount of leaks and figures from real 810 devices.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Little disappointed that pre-orders didn't start today but at least we have a date for overall sales. I was hoping HTC was going to offer a buyback program like they did when the M7 came out 2 years ago.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I would say this, but specs don't tell the whole story.

The G Flex 2 uses the SD 810 and a 3,000 mAH battery and its performance and battery life are abysmal. There's something really wrong with the 810 processor and it's become almost undeniable at this point considering the amount of leaks and figures from real 810 devices.

I will agree and disagree. It's a true statement that specs don't tell the whole story. The end user experience can always contradict what the specs indicate. For example you can have two mobile devices running the same chipset, but one might perform worse than the other due to the UI overlay. It's how you use them. This was evident in the large disparity between the battery life of the One M8 for WP vs Android.

I disagree that there is a problem with the 810. Although it hasn't been measured yet, the battery life that the Z4 tablet is able to achieve with the 810 processor (17 hours playback) is a true testament to what happens when you optimize the usage of the tool given to you. The problem may lie in how the chipset is being used. We'll see though as official reviews begin to arrive.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I will agree and disagree. It's a true statement that specs don't tell the whole story. The end user experience can always contradict what the specs indicate. For example you can have two mobile devices running the same chipset, but one might perform worse than the other due to the UI overlay. It's how you use them. This was evident in the large disparity between the battery life of the One M8 for WP vs Android.

I disagree that there is a problem with the 810. Although it hasn't been measured yet, the battery life that the Z4 tablet is able to achieve with the 810 processor (17 hours playback) is a true testament to what happens when you optimize the usage of the tool given to you. The problem may lie in how the chipset is being used. We'll see though as official reviews begin to arrive.

Considering it's using a 6,000 mAH battery, that's not impressive.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Considering that tablets such as the iPad Air 2 (7340 mAh) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (7900 mAh) don't come close to that number I'd say it's ridiculously impressive.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I have the original Z1 tablet with the same 6000 mAh battery. I would be lucky to get 4 hours straight much less a ridiculous 17 hours straight. Sony knows what they are doing when it comes to optimizing the SOC. Unfortunately it came with a quad core Krait.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So I just called Telesales is it true the phone is being sold tomorrow? I got this article about AT&T and T Mobile having it tomorrow and than I called Telesales and was told it'll be on their website tomorrow. Is it website only or in stores too and do we know about Best Buy? I am just wondering who will be cheapest. Noone ever answers when I call the store

I'm in. Stroke of midnight, sprint.com.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just called Telesales is it true the phone is being sold tomorrow? I got this article about AT&T and T Mobile having it tomorrow and than I called Telesales and was told it'll be on their website tomorrow. Is it website only or in stores too and do we know about Best Buy? I am just wondering who will be cheapest. Noone ever answers when I call the store

You should be able to pre order from the Sprint website tomorrow. Won't be in the stores until April 10.

Posted via Android Central App

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, get your credit cards ready. T-minus 22 minutes to M9.
Unless Sprint plays Grinch and won't let me buy it on contract.
Don't disappoint me Sprint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan