One M9 owners: What are your HTC One M9 first impressions?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Since so many of you guys seem to be getting your phones in the next few days, I thought I'd start a thread for first impressions. Excited to read everybody's thoughts. I won't be able to order for another week or two.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 First Impressions

Good idea,

With plenty of user reviews we'll be able to get a good understanding of what the phone is like from day to day.

I think maybe lay down a few rules, maybe post some pics or have at least 50 posts to be able to be considered a credible review. Then we will filter out the haters

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Good idea,

With plenty of user reviews we'll be able to get a good understanding of what the phone is like from day to day.

I think maybe lay down a few rules, maybe post some pics or have at least 50 posts to be able to be considered a credible review. Then we will filter out the haters

I'd like to see everyone's opinions and not censor out items.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I'd like to see everyone's opinions and not censor out items.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10

I don't know how much you've read of this forum, but there are a ton of bias people coming here to hate on the M9, for no reason. I don't want people claiming they have one and are returning it

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I said this in another forum as well. If you are going to post battery stats. Please install GSAM so we can see on screen time as well as other details. Screen shots need to be posted here to avoid what Alex is talking about.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

I don't know how much you've read of this forum, but there are a ton of bias people coming here to hate on the M9, for no reason. I don't want people claiming they have one and are returning it

But I would like to know why they are returning them. Good and bad.

Coming from BlackBerry to HTC I want to make sure it's the right or wrong move.
Censoring folks who have a genuine issue and are returning a phone is not cool..

Posted via an old & tired BlackBerry Z10

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

But I would like to know why they are returning them. Good and bad.

Coming from BlackBerry to HTC I want to make sure it's the right or wrong move.
Censoring folks who have a genuine issue and are returning a phone is not cool..

Posted via an old & tired BlackBerry Z10

The issue lately is posters who have no intention on buying the M9 are posting all kinds of negatives with no interest in getting the phone, or even giving it a fair shot. I have no problem with criticisms that are genuine or real from actual users of the device.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

This forum used to be a nice, civil place to discuss devices. More recently it's getting a bit rough with folks just joining to talk smack.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
This forum used to be a nice, civil place to discuss devices. More recently it's getting a bit rough with folks just joining to talk smack.

They do this every year. It's a ritual and mostly Samsung fanboys who do it, but back on topic, I concur with the screen shots for the battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

They do this every year. It's a ritual and mostly Samsung fanboys who do it, but back on topic, I concur with the screen shots for the battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

I assumed it would calm down after the S6/ S6 Edge, and M9 are in actual users hands. Haha! Soon all the Debbie Downers will be in the G4 forum.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

I think the HTC M9 looks lovely. I have had the M7 and currently own the M8, both have been fantastic phones and have made my switch to Android a pleasure.

The M9 isn't a phone I will be going for, as I love my M8 and the upgrades on the M9 are not significant enough for me to pay more money to get the latest HTC flagship. But I do like what HTC have done here, they have upgraded their phones so that people who have handsets from 2 years ago (like the M7) will find an upgrade to the M9 to be great. Whilst many of us M8 owners can easily wait until next year for the next model to be released (the M10?).

As for people coming on to bash the M9, all I can say is anyone who has never used an HTC M7 or M8 phone will never realise how great these phones are. The Samsung S6 Edge is an incredible device and has been turning people's heads, it's the only phone to turn my head (I don't think I will be going for it though), so naturally people will compare the 2 flagships. But HTC have released absolutely solid phones for the last couple of years with millions of happy users, so you don't need to worry too much about cosmetic changes, and you can feel confident that you will get a top end device. I wish I can say the same for Samsung and their flagships, my previous experiences with their flagships (The Note 4 being the latest) have left me slightly worried on whether my user experience will be on par with a HTC Flagship. But Samsung seem to be onto a winner with the S6 and S6 Edge, so let's see if this is a turning point for them.

lacough

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

My M9 will be here from Sprint whenever UPS gets here today! I am coming from an M7 and looking forward to the new device. I will comment back when I can!

What I find funny...The reality is there are a TON of great devices out there! That is the beauty of Android! If I wanted what everyone else had, and wanted to be dictated as to what my device should and shouldn't do, I would use an i*****.

All of the flagships are really strong! They all have beautiful screens, with fast processing. They can text, get online, be used for business and personal productivity, play games, listen to music etc.......You know what? They even make calls!

Will report back when my eyes stop bleeding from using my new M9!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Ours just got here no $50 rebate forum to fill out. I was told their would be 2 in the box. But I have to go to work shortly so I won't really get to mess with mine till tonight or on dinner break. I am excited though. I still have to clear out my M8 pics and videos and empty my memory card to my PC.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

What I find funny...The reality is there are a TON of great devices out there! That is the beauty of Android! If I wanted what everyone else had, and wanted to be dictated as to what my device should and shouldn't do, I would use an i*****.

download.jpg

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Ours just got here no $50 rebate forum to fill out. I was told their would be 2 in the box. But I have to go to work shortly so I won't really get to mess with mine till tonight or on dinner break. I am excited though. I still have to clear out my M8 pics and videos and empty my memory card to my PC.

Did yours from sprint say an original delivery date for tomorrow and ups delivered it today?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

No mine said it would be here today. The Sprint warehouse is where I live. I just had to go to work haven't had time to even turn it on still using my M8.

Did yours from sprint say an original delivery date for tomorrow and ups delivered it today?

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

No mine said it would be here today. The Sprint warehouse is where I live. I just had to go to work haven't had time to even turn it on still using my M8.

Okay thanks mine says tomorrow but I will be at work for 24 hours shoot that sucks

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Well my condo building is locked from downstairs and sometimes they just buzz this one lady downstairs all the time and just come in and leave it by your door and sometimes they will buzz my actual unit. and it was weird cuz I checked my ups and all the sudden at the same time practically it said delivered left by door. I thought maybe I would have to sign for it. now is there a way to turn on the new phone and just download some apps and do stuff on wifi without activating it yet

Okay thanks mine says tomorrow but I will be at work for 24 hours shoot that sucks

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Well my condo building is locked from downstairs and sometimes they just buzz this one lady downstairs all the time and just come in and leave it by your door and sometimes they will buzz my actual unit. and it was weird cuz I checked my ups and all the sudden at the same time practically it said delivered left by door. I thought maybe I would have to sign for it. now is there a way to turn on the new phone and just download some apps and do stuff on wifi without activating it yet

If you have WiFi you should be able to enter your Google account info and start setting up over WiFi.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

I think the HTC M9 looks lovely. I have had the M7 and currently own the M8, both have been fantastic phones and have made my switch to Android a pleasure.

The M9 isn't a phone I will be going for, as I love my M8 and the upgrades on the M9 are not significant enough for me to pay more money to get the latest HTC flagship. But I do like what HTC have done here, they have upgraded their phones so that people who have handsets from 2 years ago (like the M7) will find an upgrade to the M9 to be great. Whilst many of us M8 owners can easily wait until next year for the next model to be released (the M10?).

As for people coming on to bash the M9, all I can say is anyone who has never used an HTC M7 or M8 phone will never realise how great these phones are. The Samsung S6 Edge is an incredible device and has been turning people's heads, it's the only phone to turn my head (I don't think I will be going for it though), so naturally people will compare the 2 flagships. But HTC have released absolutely solid phones for the last couple of years with millions of happy users, so you don't need to worry too much about cosmetic changes, and you can feel confident that you will get a top end device. I wish I can say the same for Samsung and their flagships, my previous experiences with their flagships (The Note 4 being the latest) have left me slightly worried on whether my user experience will be on par with a HTC Flagship. But Samsung seem to be onto a winner with the S6 and S6 Edge, so let's see if this is a turning point for them.

The target audience for the M9 wasn't owner's of the M7. There is a video of HTC's head designer who specifically stated they were fixing all the problems the M8 had with the M9. Think HTC took one design element from the M7. The rest of the phone was based on the M8 and things HTC did wrong with the phone. Like feel...grip...power button...camera. HTC wasn't thinking about the M7 owners at all. Why? Because more people purchased the M8 than the M7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2