Post Photos Taken With Your M9!

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that pre orders last year were a moot point. They released to Verizon on announcement day and to the rest of the carriers about a week later. Not much time to gain boost-able numbers. Samsung and Apple typically have an 1 to 1 1/2 month pre-order window which would allow a lot more pre orders. This year HTC released outside of the US within weeks of announcement and to the US on the same day that Samsung is releasing globally. In addition, HTC has allowed full price orders to ship as of April 1. Those wouldn't be considered pre orders either, those are called true sales.

I don't expect HTC to outsale Samsung and Apple but pre orders is an extremely poor way to view a company's overall sales and more importantly success.

When the One M8 was announced, I called Sprint the next day and I had my phone within 2 days. You couldn't buy the M8 in stores right away, you had to go through telesales.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
So you're telling us that you have inside information on pre-orders?

I'm telling you that HTC as a company has been trending downward over the past few years. If you think the masses are running out to buy the M9 you are wrong. You can't even find an article to see how many phones the carriers overseas or in the US for that matter wanted to order. But carriers have requested millions of phone from Samsung. That in itself tells me that HTC is in trouble and carriers aren't mass ordering the M9.

“Samsung received some 20 million pre-orders for the S6 and S6 Edge — 15 million of S6 and five million of the S6 Edge from mobile carriers, worldwide. This is the record,” a top executive at major European carrier told The Korea Times.

However, there is a huge twist when comparing the way Samsung and Apple count pre-orders. Samsung’s unofficial numbers are orders placed by mobile operators interested in purchasing the handset, while Apple’s reported pre-orders represent the number of iPhone units purchased by consumers ahead of launch.

Even so, assuming the number is accurate, this might be major news for Samsung, and it could help the company recoup some of the profits its mobile division lost in recent quarters."

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Surprisingly few photos in the "post sample photos" thread. I'm really on the fence here, currently leaning towards keeping my m7... Your real world photos would surely help me get off the fence!

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly few photos in the "post sample photos" thread. I'm really on the fence here, currently leaning towards keeping my m7... Your real world photos would surely help me get off the fence!

I'm hopefully ordering mine early next week. I'll post pics as soon as I get it. I'm hoping with the weekend being here, folks who have the phone will have time to put the camera to the test and we'll start seeing more shots.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you here just to **** on everyone's parade? You add nothing to the htc discussion but insults and cut downs and trying to suck samsung. I Like to read about helpful information good and bad but every thread you seem to start arguments With every person who actually owns the device. Can he be banned?

Comment removed

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Verizon had the HTC One M8 in stores on Day 1.

Yeah, because Verizon missed the HTC One M7 boat. How long did it take Verizon to get the One M7?...LOL They were the LAST carrier to get the phone.

What's the difference in going to a store and ordering the phone online? Doesn't give you an advantage as a company. Verizon had to make amends for their screw up with the M7. Not to mention Verizon was the only company who could get the silver M8. Most people here ordered the M9 online. I never go to the Sprint store unless I have too.

My apologies, just saw the message for pictures only. Delete if you wish.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Pictures taken with the M9, and discussion about those pictures, goes here.

The argumentative crap can go elsewhere.

Please. :)

Well said Jerry !

@ ALL.. I have given in thread warnings asking that the trolling and insults stop and yet folks still continue to feed the fire. We know it gets tempting to make a comment when there is a problem in the thread but please just report the posts in question and let the Mod team step in. Making comments only continues to crap in the thread and fuel the fire.

Just so those " trolling " are aware next time we won't be just deleting posts and asking to play nice, we've given enough chances. Lets get back on topic and post some pictures and leave all the silly bickering and such at the door. Or if you wish, I'm sure there is a thread that could suit your needs in our Phone Wars section. If you don't see something in there that works feel free to contact the Mod team and we can open a thread.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

I wonder why more buyers of the M9 aren't posting their photos? Then again a lot of people don't use the camera all that much I suppose. So we may not get to see a ton of photos come in.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Let's see if I can get this to work. Camera settings unchanged from out of box. Figured Costco was a fun place to try the camera out

Attachments

• 5075.jpg
    5075.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 5069.jpg
    5069.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 5071.jpg
    5071.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 108

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Let's see if I can get this to work. Camera settings unchanged from out of box. Figured Costco was a fun place to try the camera out

Aren't we supposed to be able to make out most of the words from the food menu located on the side wall almost perfectly with a 20MP camera?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting the pics. The ones that Patches posted look blurry to me. If that's right out of the box I am not impressed. Adam_ation's pic of the motorcycle looks good but the lettering on the mc is a bit out of focus.The outdoor pic of the post in the rain looks great. The two indoor shots look bad. Just my Opinion. I'm not impressed with the M9 pics so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21