Share Battery Life Results

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Just hoping for a sticky thread for battery life results, thinking about getting M9 just battery only concern. So share Battery life results!

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
HolyAngel who develops custom ROMs for the M8 just said this on XDA:

Ok guys, left the M9, sending it back to HTC for a refund as the battery life is terrible and the M8 is faster.

I just can't do it. Was getting 1.5hr sot, no more than 8hrs on, over %10 drain/hr with absolutely no apps running. Slower than my m8 in every benchmark, lag in all the games I play that play fine on my m8. Didn't matter if I ran stock dev/my rom/euro rom, my kernel/stock kernel, nothing. Just can't deal with that for $700 :/

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
So far my battery life has been meh. I unplugged my phone around 9 at night today and spent all night on my phone. as I'm typing this I'm sitting at 6% left. So that's roughly 9 hours of battery life. Screen on time? I'd say roughly 2 to 3 hours at most. Decent service throughout the night, was connected to LTE and 3g more or less the same amount of time. I've heard battery life is supposed to get better as you use the device more. But where it sits now I'm thinking about returning the device.

Scratch that. Just checked the battery usage and im sitting at 7 hours 54 minutes off charger. That's terrible

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
HolyAngel who develops custom ROMs for the M8 just said this on XDA:

Ok guys, left the M9, sending it back to HTC for a refund as the battery life is terrible and the M8 is faster.

I just can't do it. Was getting 1.5hr sot, no more than 8hrs on, over %10 drain/hr with absolutely no apps running. Slower than my m8 in every benchmark, lag in all the games I play that play fine on my m8. Didn't matter if I ran stock dev/my rom/euro rom, my kernel/stock kernel, nothing. Just can't deal with that for $700 :/

I thought you decided to go with a used M8?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
This was HolyAngel talking

I've been over there as well and see people getting 4-6 hours on screen time. It really depends on what you use your device for. Gaming and Maps seen to drain it like crazy.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are my results for today. I can say that I wasn't too disappointed and know I could have gotten more had it not been for an app keeping my phone awake. Other than that I did some gaming, picture taking, phone calls via Bluetooth, etc. I'm confident that this can easily get me through the day.

Attachments

• 1208.jpg
    1208.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 1209.jpg
    1209.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 1210.jpg
    1210.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 196

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Here are my results for today. I can say that I wasn't too disappointed and know I could have gotten more had it not been for an app keeping my phone awake. Other than that I did some gaming, picture taking, phone calls via Bluetooth, etc. I'm confident that this can easily get me through the day.

You're screen shot doesnt make sense. One says 14% left and the other says you've used 36%.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You're screen shot doesnt make sense. One says 14% left and the other says you've used 36%.

Yeah, looking at the GSAM calculations, it doesn't add up. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it looks more consistent.

sadielrojas

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Received My M9 on Thursday and I've noticed WiFi Calling as well as leaving WiFi on drains your battery alot even when not in use now that I've kept both them off until I really need WiFi or to make a WiFi call. My battery gets around 9 hours. Not the best but I'm sure it will get better with lollipop updates in the future. I'm coming from a Moto x original and Nexus 4, the battery is significantly better on the M9.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll be putting on the charger soon but I can't complain.

Sent using my HTC One M9 via the Uncarrier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1428899651595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428899651595.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 152

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
As it turns out I stayed up a little later. Here's the upudated one. uploadfromtaptalk1428903980565.jpg

Sent using my HTC One M9 via the Uncarrier

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are my results for today. I took it off the charger at around 6 something this morning. The usage pattern is my normal M - F routine. So far I'm not seeing any problems at all with the battery life of the M9

Screenshot_2015-04-13-21-04-14_1.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-13-21-02-47_1.jpg

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Here are my results for today. I took it off the charger at around 6 something this morning. The usage pattern is my normal M - F routine. So far I'm not seeing any problems at all with the battery life of the M9

View attachment 171413
View attachment 171414

That's not bad. I noticed you have a strong cell signal so that doesn't hurt. That seems to be a big drag for those not getting good battery life. I never get any green on my chart.

Is that without power saver on?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
That's not bad. I noticed you have a strong cell signal so that doesn't hurt. That seems to be a big drag for those not getting good battery life. I never get any green on my chart.

Is that without power saver on?

The only time the normal power saver was auto-enabled was when it went below 15%. The Extreme Power Saver Mode activated at 8%. Also, had I been with Sprint, the battery would have been nuked after about 8 hours due to weak signal penetration in the building I was in. The AT&T network I'm no now seems to perform a lot better.