should i

ram69

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
hello all.was in the store today playing abit with m9.right now I'm still using my rezound which has been holding up pretty good but starting to get a bit laggy now so I know the m9 would be a world of difference and a big upgrade for me.i still have my unlimited data with Verizon so being that I cant buy it outright means that getting this phone means I lose my unlimited data.so my question is is it worth it?now a few things I did notice on the phone is playing videos and music in the store that with the volume anything lower than halfway you just about cant hear it.full volume with the background noise in the store was not really that loud at all.this more or less normal with this phone?the only other thing that bothered my was doing things with it one handed kept feeling like I was going to drop it.don't know if it was because of that security thing they got attached to the back of it was not letting me hold it right or not but just curious if anyone else has that issue with insecurity holding it.thanks for any insight.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.
Something to keep in mind is this....a lot of reviewers say that to upgrade from the M8 to the M9 doesn't seem worth it. From the M7 to the M9 is. So in your case, I think it will be a great upgrade.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
hello all.was in the store today playing abit with m9.right now I'm still using my rezound which has been holding up pretty good but starting to get a bit laggy now so I know the m9 would be a world of difference and a big upgrade for me.i still have my unlimited data with Verizon so being that I cant buy it outright means that getting this phone means I lose my unlimited data.so my question is is it worth it?now a few things I did notice on the phone is playing videos and music in the store that with the volume anything lower than halfway you just about cant hear it.full volume with the background noise in the store was not really that loud at all.this more or less normal with this phone?the only other thing that bothered my was doing things with it one handed kept feeling like I was going to drop it.don't know if it was because of that security thing they got attached to the back of it was not letting me hold it right or not but just curious if anyone else has that issue with insecurity holding it.thanks for any insight.

I couldn't imagine anything about the M9 that wouldn't be a worthy upgrade from the Rezound, but whether or not you should right now would depend on your data use. The M9 is a great phone, and I think you would be happy with it. How much data do you use in a month? However, if you think/know that you can't get by on one of the newer data plans that are in your price range, then I wouldn't upgrade. If you check your monthly data usage, and you can afford one with the amount of data you normally use, then I'd say go for it. If not with the M9, you could always go for the less expensive M8. I checked the Rezound's dimensions, and it may just be the size difference that made you feel like you would drop it. The size/weight difference is something most people adjust to with a little time. I can't imagine the Rezound has louder audio than any phone with stereo speakers, but maybe I'm wrong. I have no problem with the volume for alerts, notifications, etc. In fact, it's much too loud at full volume in my opinion. I haven't texted in a noisy environment, but I find the BoomSound speakers definitely loud enough for my use. If you wanted to keep your unlimited plan, you could always put aside any extra money you have at the end of each month in a savings acct until you could afford the phone contract free. I know that's not a definitive yes or no, but those are just a few things to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome