Android Wear and the M9

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Anybody using any of the Android Wear devices with your M9. Was thinking about picking one up. Kinda bummed I didn't order a 360 when they were so cheap recently. I didn't realize it was a short sale.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Moto 360. Been using it with my M7 since October and the M9 since April 2nd. I have had no real issues using it with the M9, except it will occasionally not reconnect after having been out of range for a little while (10-15) minutes. When it does it, I just need to toggle the Bluetooth off / back on again and then it re-pairs right away. Since the camera update, it has only done it a couple of times, so I think HTC made some fixes.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the next-gen Wear watches or get one now. It seems like the 360 should get an update soon.

Paul Snedden

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems with Wear and the M9. I've got an LG G Watch (not the R, the original one). When it's paired, it works as expected. The problem is it keeps losing connection, and as I have Smart Lock enabled that means I keep having to unlock my device to use it because it thinks my watch isn't connected.

I've factory reset the watch last night, but still no joy. It doesn't happen _all_ the time, but enough to be really annoying considering the Nexus 5 I had before this didn't do it at all.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems with Wear and the M9. I've got an LG G Watch (not the R, the original one). When it's paired, it works as expected. The problem is it keeps losing connection, and as I have Smart Lock enabled that means I keep having to unlock my device to use it because it thinks my watch isn't connected.

I've factory reset the watch last night, but still no joy. It doesn't happen _all_ the time, but enough to be really annoying considering the Nexus 5 I had before this didn't do it at all.

Hmm. Makes me think twice. I was looking into either the G Watch R or the Huawei Watch (if it ever launches).

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Makes me think twice. I was looking into either the G Watch R or the Huawei Watch (if it ever launches).

I have a smartwatch as well. I do find that at least once or twice a week the watch randomly disconnects from the phone and I have to disable and turn back on the bluetooth to get it to connect to it again so it is a bit flakey. Some watch faces are bigger battery hogs than others so you have to be aware of that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a smartwatch as well. I do find that at least once or twice a week the watch randomly disconnects from the phone and I have to disable and turn back on the bluetooth to get it to connect to it again so it is a bit flakey. Some watch faces are bigger battery hogs than others so you have to be aware of that.

Are you using Android Wear?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you using Android Wear?

Yes. I have a Sony Smartwatch 3. Thankfully it is future proofed so keep that in mind as well with your purchase. I have Wi-Fi on board. It also is one of the few with an NFC chip for mobile payments for whenever that too gets activated.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the new LG urbane SmartWatch and I am also having frequent Bluetooth disconnections on the m9. I see that there is another LG watch user in the comments above that is having the same disconnection problem. I did not have that problem with the moto 360 so I would be careful to blame the m9. This could be a LG issue.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the new LG urbane SmartWatch and I am also having frequent Bluetooth disconnections on the m9. I see that there is another LG watch user in the comments above that is having the same disconnection problem. I did not have that problem with the moto 360 so I would be careful to blame the m9. This could be a LG issue.

Except I said it happens with my Sony watch so it could be an M9 issue. It never happened with my M7.

Runell A

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a moto360 and never once has my watch lost connection with my M9 unless I go out of range. I believe a person above me said that a quick re-pairing solves that issue , which is what I do and everything is good again.

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the Moto 360. Been using it with my M7 since October and the M9 since April 2nd. I have had no real issues using it with the M9, except it will occasionally not reconnect after having been out of range for a little while (10-15) minutes. When it does it, I just need to toggle the Bluetooth off / back on again and then it re-pairs right away. Since the camera update, it has only done it a couple of times, so I think HTC made some fixes.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I have the exact same issue & exact same fix - toggle BT, and the moto is back.

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Overall - having driven it for a week (moto 360) - better. Coming from 2013 MotoX. I expected the 'X' to be flawless and it mostly was. But the upgrade to lollipop seems to have fixed a few things - integration with runkeeper was broken on the 'X' while now it works fine. Stuff I am using:

Bubble cloud launcher - works fine
Beyond Pod - works fine
Moto Body/Google fit - some days they agree, some days they are wildly off. Not sure why. On the 'X' they traced within 10% of my fitbit (which I have now handed off).
Runkeeper: works fine. (hooray) - sucks battery if I leave stats showing, slight increase in battery wear if stats off/watch dimmed.
Coffee (SMS app: works great
WearCodes (loyalty cards etc) - works fine.

So far I'm pretty happy, just not as reliable re-connecting after going out of range. The 'X' was great there, the HTC sometimes needs me to bounce the bluetooth on the phone.

eweezzyyyy

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I found this post because I emailed htc's customer support to see if there were any Smart Watches that was compatible with the M9 because I heard they weren't. Their response to me was the email was to vague and I needed to include more details. Needless to say after 6 emails I didn't get any useful information from them.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Both AT&T are out of the G Watch R, but the Moto 360 is down to 179.99 at Google's store. Might snag one while I can for cheap, but I'd really rather have the G Watch R.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
With the out of stock G Watch R, and the price cuts seemingly happening more often on the 360 I'm gonna wait til after Google I/O to decide. I'm kinda thinking there will be some big news on Android Wear, hardware wise anyway.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Ended up ordering a grey 360 from Best Buy just now. I figure if something better is announced at I/O I'll just return it unopened. Couldn't resist since BB has it for $150.00

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Ended up ordering a grey 360 from Best Buy just now. I figure if something better is announced at I/O I'll just return it unopened. Couldn't resist since BB has it for $150.00

There will always be something better. That's a good price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084