Why is access denied to websites on WIFI?

A

AC Question

Access Denied to websites on WIFI

Hi, A new user to the android OS, using a HTC One M9 on WIFI using Google chrome. When I attempt to access a webpage, say something like Wikipedia I get a access denied message in small writing in the top left hand corner. The pages are not blocked by my company's WIFI as other users using a M8 can access the same links. Also effects using apps that require access to the internet such as mobile bank, where the message states no connection to the internet. It almost feels like there are some setting to block my access to links on my phone, as others can access the links using the same WIFI IP address.
Any ideas?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Access Denied to websites on WIFI

Can you access the internet through wi-fi from some other location, like home wi-fi or the local coffee shop?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
sounds like your company wifi may have a security feature enabled that might make you authorize your device to use the wifi. Similar to when you use a guest network you have to go to a webpage that gives you rules and you agree to the terms it then lets your device work on that wifi..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm