Is tap to wake/sleep same as on m8?

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I didnt like that on the m8 you had to move the phone before tapping to wake, but what even worse was there was no double tap to sleep the phone. Are these changed on the m9 hopefully?

Thanks.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Nice, but do you still have to move the phone before the double tap to wake will function? I have my phone on desk a lot.

That's what he was saying. If you triple tap instead of double it will wake the phone up if it's stationary (like if it's on your desk).

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice, but do you still have to move the phone before the double tap to wake will function? I have my phone on desk a lot.

Double tap after movement or triple tap stationary. A double tap will only put it to sleep if you are on the lock screen.

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Double tap after movement or triple tap stationary. I can't get mine to sleep by tapping it though.

Darn. Well i guess its not as big of a deal as the m8 given they put power button on the side now. Still double tap/wake sleep is one of the reasons i bought a g2 over an m8. Maybe they will implement tap to sleep in a software update. Im loving my g2 so far, just curious how the m9 has changed over the m8 as it was one of the phones i was researching before i made a purchase.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have one extra button at the bottom that I added where my back home and recent button is and it puts the phone to sleep. But I didn't know about the triple tap. Did that work on the M8 and I just didn't know about it?

[Araxxis;4391008 said:
Oh lolz, then how about to sleep it....same thing?

Last edited:

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Two features I didn't know about:
Triple tap if not raised and double tap to re-sleep while locked.
Cheers, guys.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You guys know if the raise to answer calls without swiping works like on my previous M8. I can't find it on my At&t M9.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You guys know if the raise to answer calls without swiping works like on my previous M8. I can't find it on my At&t M9.

I think I saw it in the settings, but I don't have it turned on.

EDIT: It's under Settings>Call>Auto answer calls on my unlocked M9.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't want my phone answering when I pick it up to see who is calling either. Telemarketers calls are driving me crazy lately. If I could only block "unknown"!

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't want my phone answering when I pick it up to see who is calling either. Telemarketers calls are driving me crazy lately. If I could only block "unknown"!

I think you could technically set this up to work with interruptions on...you can set it to ring only when someone from your phonebook calls. Have not tested this myself but worth checking into

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63