Android Authority Camera shootout: Is there a clear winner?

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
S6 Edge vs Huawei P8, 6 Plus & One M9 blind camera test

This blind shoot out is interesting. The cameras were generally similar, with no clear winner to my eye. Each shot a different camera seemed to have an edge. I'd need a scorecard to calculate the average "best".

Most of the stand-out bad shots were questionable to me: this one was accidentally zoomed, this one has way more sun/sky than the others, this one doesn't have the shadow like others, this one autofocused on a face and should have been retaken.

Overall I come away feeling like the bad mouthing of M9 camera is way over the top.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
S6 Edge vs Huawei P8, 6 Plus & One M9 blind camera test

This blind shoot out is interesting. The cameras were generally similar, with no clear winner to my eye. Each shot a different camera seemed to have an edge. I'd need a scorecard to calculate the average "best".

Most of the stand-out bad shots were questionable to me: this one was accidentally zoomed, this one has way more sun/sky than the others, this one doesn't have the shadow like others, this one autofocused on a face and should have been retaken.

Overall I come away feeling like the bad mouthing of M9 camera is way over the top.

I did a rudimentary score card as I went through. I'd say B or C is the best overall. They each got 4 best shots imo. However, I gave the most points to D (7 in all). I couldn't say it's the best overall though because the lowlight shots were atrocious. I only gave A 2 points. Going by the experiences I've had, I'd have to say D is the M9. The night shots are similar to my own. I'll have to revisit the site soon to see which phone is which. Thanks for the link!