Speaker sound very low

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't find HTC M9+ section in this forum, therefore I had to post it here.

I recently purchased an HTC M9+ for my dad. This is the first HTC device in my family. The device looks good, in terms of design, premium material and overall look and feel. Its just one day, therefore too early to give feedback, although the camera and its features are amazing.

The only issue that I am facing is its boom sound speakers. The sound is very low. HTC M8 & 9 and famous for its boom sound dual speakers, therefore I presume, it should be loud. But in this case the speaker sound its crap. Whether I set mp3 as a ringtone, play mp3 in the music player or play youtube. Its not even closer to my Lumia 930 and my mom's Galaxy S6 edge's mono speakers. I expect these stereo speakers to complete outperform the mono speaker of Lumia and Galaxy smartphone

Can someone tell me a solution to this? How can I enhance the sound? I have checked, everything in the settings?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The maximum decibels that the BoomSound speakers generates will be lower than that of the S6 and a few others. The point of the BoomSound speakers is more about the sound quality rather than loudness. The only thing I've observed so far is that the Music mode is louder than the Theater mode. Aside from that I don't think there's much you can do to increase the maximum decibel output of the M9.

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
The maximum decibels that the BoomSound speakers generates will be lower than that of the S6 and a few others. The point of the BoomSound speakers is more about the sound quality rather than loudness. The only thing I've observed so far is that the Music mode is louder than the Theater mode. Aside from that I don't think there's much you can do to increase the maximum decibel output of the M9.

I thought that M9+ has inferior sound compared M9. So how can I avoid missed calls in a heavy noisy environment?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I actually found the exact opposite. Theater is louder than Music mode in every case.

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Is m9+ a lower league in terms of quality, when compared to class M9, if we leave mediatek processor aside? Even the speaker output in the bottom is different compared to the top speaker

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually found the exact opposite. Theater is louder than Music mode in every case.

I didn't notice much difference between music and theater mode. What I didn't understand is, what is the significance of those 2 big front facing speakers, when its sound is low compared to rear facing mono speaker of my Lumia 930, which is so small, that, it is more like a micro-speaker? If not louder, i was expecting it to be on par with it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I didn't notice much difference between music and theater mode. What I didn't understand is, what is the significance of those 2 big front facing speakers, when its sound is low compared to rear facing mono speaker of my Lumia 930, which is so small, that, it is more like a micro-speaker? If not louder, i was expecting it to be on par with it.

I think the problem with your M9+ is the fingerprint scanner is right in the middle of the bottom speaker so that must affect the sound. Qualcomm is coming out with a scanner that you don't need a button at all. You can register your fingerprint anywhere on the screen. That could be a game changer for a company like HTC because a dedicated button just doesn't work aesthetically or functionally.

Last edited:

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Usually playing MP3 in the speaker looks fine. But when I set an MP3 as a ringtone, it's very low. Can someone suggest me a solution to this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae