Why can't I send text messages on 4g?

BicknellBees

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I can not send text messages on 4g

I have recently up graded my HTC M7 to the M9, I love both phones, however I am having a problem with my M9

If I have wi-fi and 4g on my phone it will not send or receive text messages, if I keep the wi-fi on and set the phone to 3g it does.

The phone will not send if set to 4g only but will if on 2 or 3g.

I have replaced the sim card and done a full re - set on the phone none of which made a difference, I am with Vodafone UK and the 4g signal is only 2 bars, but my wife's I - phone (also with Vodafone) does not have this problem.

As I pay for 4g I do really want to be able to use it, I also do not want to keep switching manually between 3 and 4g

I am not very techie and have never had a problem with a phone before. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ian G

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can not send text messages on 4g

Your phone uses the actual phone connection to send sms messages, not data.

Posted via the Android Central App

BicknellBees

May 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply..................I now understand that 4g is for data, however I still have an issue that when my phone has a 4g signal it will not send or receive texts, Carphone Warehouse say it is a Vodafone issue and Vodafone say there is no issue! Having now gone through everything with the service provider I am wondering if the problem could be with the phone not working correctly or a software issue. Again thanks for the response any help is appreciated.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

Ugh... That's a weird one... No clue. Good luck though!

Posted via the Android Central App

Stephen Murt

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I am also having a similar issue!
(M9, on Vodafone UK).
If I'm at home, on WiFi and in a 4G signal (only sometimes, just on the edge of signal at home) , and want to send a text, I regularly get a ' unable to send text after multiple attempts' message with a red triangle in the text.
I have been told that some texts I send are arriving up to fifteen minutes after I send?
This is ONLY when at home on 4G, never anywhere else, and never if only on 3G.

I found that if I turn the phone off, then back on, the messages send immediately.

Local Voda shop said they had not heard of the problem, and said it could be my lack of signal.... Obviously not!

BicknellBees

May 10, 2015
Visit site

This may sound an odd thing to say but I am so glad somebody else has this issue (please take that the way it's intended!), Vodafone made me feel like I was the only person on the planet with this problem!
What you are describing is exactly the problem I am having. As I have previously said I have now given the phone back for the Vodafone repair team to look at. Very happy to up date you when they give it back to me.

Up date: My phone was replaced and over the weekend I had no problems

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908