Brightness levels between M9 and M8 (m9 much darker?)

joysbox

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's not the cooler calibration they chose this time around? My M9 is really bright with max brightness and auto turned off. I don't have my M8 anymore, but I don't remember it being any brighter. The auto brightness does seem a bit more aggressive this time around though. Have you done the comparison with auto brightness turned off?

ok, I tried this tonight and wow, it made a huge difference. with the auto brightness off, I can't see much of a difference. I like my phone brighter, so I am glad I put this out there. Thanks again msm0511

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Dunno. This thread isn't about lag.

Posted via the Android Central App

You're right. It isn't about lag. It's about brightness. I've compared both phones side by side. The M9 is technically brighter and it in real life use they feel about the same so this is a non issue.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Whatever. The screen sucks. Comparing it to an S6 is like comparing an ancient phone from 2012 to the best and the brightest from tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App
Take your unsupported and unwanted jibberish some where else.

Via my HTC One M9...

pcsguy88

May 12, 2015
Visit site
ok, I tried this tonight and wow, it made a huge difference. with the auto brightness off, I can't see much of a difference. I like my phone brighter, so I am glad I put this out there. Thanks again msm0511

Sweet. Can check this supposed flaw off the list. :)

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You're welcome. Glad I could help. That's exactly the purpose for these forums. Can't tell you how many tips I've gotten from other users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21