Why won't my HTC M9 reset?

EliseC12

May 28, 2015
Visit site
My HTC M9 Phone won't Reset

Hello, this is my first post so I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. I recently got an HTC M9 phone last month and It's been fine until today. My phone has been going into a constant restart loop, when it stops, I'm fine for a couple of hours/minutes until it restarts again. It loops about 3 or four times until I can get on my home screen. My phone also heated up, like REALLY hot. So I tried to factory reset my phone by going to my settings and after it said resetting, it just restarted my phone and took me straight back to the home screen. I also tried master resetting it but it also took me straight to the home screen. Help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My HTC M9 Phone won't Reset

Start the phone in Safe Mode:

With the device turned off, press and hold the Power key. Release the Power key once the HTC logo appears, then press and hold the Volume Down key until the device starts up. The device will start up in Safe Mode.

Swipe up the Unlock icon to unlock device.

That starts without loading any apps you've downloaded. If it works, you're going to have to run one app at a time (starting with the last one you installed, if you can remember) until you find the one causing the problem.

To get out of Safe Mode, hold the power key down for about 3 seconds.

EliseC12

May 28, 2015
Visit site

I've done exactly that and deleted the suspicious apps. Only it still restart loops and my phone still heats up.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like you should call HTC support.

Hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet