Why has my M9 battery life dropped?

A

AC Question

M9 battery life drop

My HTC One m9 got a full charge last night, but when I went to use it and looked into battery history it projects only four hours of battery life. This phone has been getting me more than one day on a full charge. Anyone know how or why this would happen and how to fix it??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: M9 battery life drop

Welcome to Android Central! The battery projection is based on the current use so far after taking it off charger. So if you took it off charger and the screen has been on the whole time (even if it's only a few minutes), then the battery projection will be based on the assumption that you're going to have the screen on constantly (which usually means about 4-5 hours of total battery life, since that's the typical screen-on time you'd get).

Traveler62

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
One thing I noticed about my M9. I use a charging station that will shut off after so many hours or when it senses the device is finished.

I think now the charging pattern is such that the M9 may actually stop charging for a moment for temperature or other reason and then charge again which causes the charger to shut off. I would pick it up and it would have the same percentage as the previous night.

So those that use this kind of charger may notice this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad