HTC M9 overheating problems anyone??

caymangolfer

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Just beware that battery life has been a major complaint of many S6 owners.

I've been pretty lucky with battery life and heat, but if anyone knows how to disable HTC Dot View and T-Mobile My Account apps, let me have it! I have quite a few disabled, but it seems you can't disable those two (the Disable button is always grayed out no matter what). Getting rid of those two would boost battery even more.

Tell me about it, I just went in and T-Mobile are sending me a new one to see if that is the issue, but whichever one I keep I will be rooting so I can disable those battery sucking vampires.

I will try turning off the enhanced LTE 4G and see how that works too.. Thanks!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh and my co-worker with AT&T just had to get a replacement his overheated his charger got fried he said. Are people still having problems?

Last edited:

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for 2 weeks and haven't noticed any excessive heat. My M8 got hotter than this thing.

Posted via my HTC One M9

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone in a good signal zone when you notice this? My phone would get hotter in poor coverage areas.

Posted via my HTC One M9

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes my husbands is mostly when driving out of town and have poor signal and over the weekend we were at a big concert festival with no signal when it happened to both of us. It even popped up on screen video stopping due to overheating which I have never seen before. But we had no good signal all day cause of the thousands of people at this festival.

Is everyone in a good signal zone when you notice this? My phone would get hotter in poor coverage areas.

Posted via my HTC One M9

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes! I have a work around. I use a magnetic car mount and mount it next to the car vent.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine did it again the other day and it wasn't from being in car dock and the sun. It just gets hot and won't charge and I had 40% charge left. My husbands does it more than mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress