New camera update

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There is a new camera update available via the Play store. No details yet on new features and differences.

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got it this morning. Haven't used my camera yet, but I launched it just out of curiosity. It seems to load a good bit slower.

JasonGallagher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing you're referring to the google camera app? Is there any particular reason you like using this over the stock m9 camera app? I briefly tried both to compare just now and the stock m9 app seemed faster, better focused, and easier to use (options etc)

I'm new to the m9 and android as my daily driver so let me know if I'm missing something with the google camera app being better.

Thanks!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing you're referring to the google camera app? Is there any particular reason you like using this over the stock m9 camera app? I briefly tried both to compare just now and the stock m9 app seemed faster, better focused, and easier to use (options etc)

I'm new to the m9 and android as my daily driver so let me know if I'm missing something with the google camera app being better.

Thanks!

No, it's the HTC Camera App that got updated. HTC handles individual app updates in Google Play so they can be updated more quickly.

JasonGallagher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
No, it's the HTC Camera App that got updated. HTC handles individual app updates in Google Play so they can be updated more quickly.

Ah gotcha, I see that app now. Bad recent reviews I gotta say! It doesn't show the update so I'm guessing it autoupdated already, I don't see any immediate differences though.

Back to my original thought though, is there any benefit to using the google camera on the m9 or does everyone prefer the stock htc camera app?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Ah gotcha, I see that app now. Bad recent reviews I gotta say! It doesn't show the update so I'm guessing it autoupdated already, I don't see any immediate differences though.

Back to my original thought though, is there any benefit to using the google camera on the m9 or does everyone prefer the stock htc camera app?

I use the stock camera app because I really like the interface. I haven't checked into the Google one, so I don't know if it supports RAW yet or not. Might not be until M is out.

JasonGallagher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I use the stock camera app because I really like the interface. I haven't checked into the Google one, so I don't know if it supports RAW yet or not. Might not be until M is out.

Same here, interface is def better with stock, and as mentioned my initial test resulted in better focus with the HTC cam app.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007