Custom Ringtones Disappeared

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I had custom sounds for my Ringtone and Notifications and over the weekend they just disappeared. The files are still saved in the same directories, but when I go into Setting to change the sound, my custom sounds do not appear any more. Has any one else encountered this? How do I fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the custom ringtones saved to Internal Storage or the microSD card? If they're on the card, make sure you put them on Internal Storage (in the Ringtones or Notifications directory).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens after a reboot, or if you delete the ringtones and then copy them back to the directory again?

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I tried several reboots to no avail. I have not deleted the files, but have moved them to different folders and then back, but that does not work either.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried several reboots to no avail. I have not deleted the files, but have moved them to different folders and then back, but that does not work either.

i put a folder on the sdcard named Music and put them in there. When going into Sound & Notifications/Ringtone tap the + sign then Music

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I created a "Music" and a "Notifications" folder on the root of my SD Card, copied the files there and now they are showing up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty weird. Usually, the problem arises when the sound files are stored on the SD card, rather than Internal Storage.