HTC One M9 is the best phone, why agrees?

Dachillefx

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 is the best phone

I'm going to check it out but on the surface, it looks like a pretty blatant ripoff of PowerAmp.

Poweramp could take some lessons, the sound quality of this player is unparalleled. For sure. Neutron Music Player…the absolute best and always getting better.

Posted via the Android Central App

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

I love the speakers on this phone. Not just because they're front facing but the Boomsound. The Xperia also have front facing but they sound quality is far less impressive than the One.

There are other things can improve such the camera. Without the optical image stabilizer, when taking pictures on the go or with low light, pictures show a bit blurry due to the shaken hand. Heat is also a problem especially when using navigation. I have a work around by using a car mount at the vent. I willing to look past other things for the look and the speakers on this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

htsee

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

I was thoroughly impressed with this phone and was ready to become an HTC fanboy. Until I realized there is no way to turn off auto-correct when typing. Now I cam counting down the 23 months until I can get a new phone.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I was thoroughly impressed with this phone and was ready to become an HTC fanboy. Until I realized there is no way to turn off auto-correct when typing. Now I cam counting down the 23 months until I can get a new phone.
Well, you come across as one of them types that is gonna switch to another manufacturer, find a shortcoming in their software, and then gripe about that manufacturer. There are so many options to tweak a phone to where you want it. No manufacturer can build a device exactly like every single consumer wants it and I would never expect that. Mostly, it takes some tweaking of your own. I find Sense to superior to other manufacturer overlays/skins, but wouldn't expect any of them to be exactly to my liking. This is the reason the Play Store is load with keyboard, gallery, dialer, messaging, launcher, music apps, etc....

htsee

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

Heh, I was just thanking you in another thread.

If you think not being able to turn off auto-correct is a "shortcoming", I guess we just have different standards in software development. To me, that is not a "tweak" but basic functionality. This is the first phone I've ever had so obviously problematic, and so this is the first time I've had real cause to gripe about a manufacturer. But you're right about the part where I will switch to another manufacturer. That can't come soon enough.

I don't believe I have written anything on these forums that isn't true. If I have, please correct me. But I don't really care about how I "come across". In fact it wasn't until I started with the heavy complaining that you provided the only solution so far. And since you're evaluating me, let me say that you come across as wishy-washy and inconsistent. In one thread you said "The HTC Sense keyboard is not one of my favorite keyboards. I have always switched keyboards on my HTC devices.", but in this thread you say "I find Sense to superior to other manufacturer overlays/skins".

Anyway, I I don't really care about all this. I just wanted to be able to "tweak" my phone so that I could, you know, be able to text and email.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

If you think not being able to turn off auto-correct is a "shortcoming", I guess we just have different standards in software development. To me, that is not a "tweak" but basic functionality. This is the first phone I've ever had so obviously problematic, and so this is the first time I've had real cause to gripe about a manufacturer. But you're right about the part where I will switch to another manufacturer. That can't come soon enough.

I don't believe I have written anything on these forums that isn't true. If I have, please correct me. But I don't really care about how I "come across". In fact it wasn't until I started with the heavy complaining that you provided the only solution so far. And since you're evaluating me, let me say that you come across as wishy-washy and inconsistent. In one thread you said "The HTC Sense keyboard is not one of my favorite keyboards. I have always switched keyboards on my HTC devices.", but in this thread you say "I find Sense to superior to other manufacturer overlays/skins".

Anyway, I I don't really care about all this. I just wanted to be able to "tweak" my phone so that I could, you know, be able to text and email.

Sense being one of the best android skins and HTC having a crappy keyboard can both be true at the same time. I try other keyboards but always end up gravitating back to Sense Keyboard. You aren't tied to only use the HTC keyboard. Find something you like and go with that. It's the beauty of Android. I am not sure why you feel you need to beat this particular dead horse.

htsee

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

The only "need" I feel is the need to be able to send a text or email without wanting to throw my phone through a wall.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I meant Sense overall. I find it far better that Touchwiz and all others. The keyboard is fine, but to your point, it is a bit basic and short of features, so I have always found myself using a third party keyboard.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

The only "need" I feel is the need to be able to send a text or email without wanting to throw my phone through a wall.

Cool. Use a different keyboard. There are literally 100's of them or get a new phone. Again, the solution is so simple here.

htsee

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

"Get a new phone" is hardly a simple solution, unless you're going to give me the $500 I just spent on this one.

To me, a simple solution would be go to options and uncheck autocorrect, just like I did with the Google keyboard or any other phone I've used, ever. If you think having to download and install a keyboard just to be able to send a text is simple, I suppose we have different definitions of that word.

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

For those wanting an easy improvement to the already great sound, pick up a BoomBass HTC Speaker. Paired together its really pretty great!

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
"Get a new phone" is hardly a simple solution, unless you're going to give me the $500 I just spent on this one.

To me, a simple solution would be go to options and uncheck autocorrect, just like I did with the Google keyboard or any other phone I've used, ever. If you think having to download and install a keyboard just to be able to send a text is simple, I suppose we have different definitions of that word.

Why don't you install the google keyboard.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Ok. So much aching of the belly on this one.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

@htsee have you tried turning off prediction preference under 'advanced' keyboard settings and uninstalling prediction dictionaries under 'HTC sense input settings'?

Sense themes and Sense overall make it my favorite OS. The only OS I can imagine leaving it for is BB os10. I still love os10.