Help? Water damage on my htc m9

Jack Nguyen1

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I recently spilled water on my phone (m9) while taking a shower, i was listening to music. The water was on my screen for a maximum of 1minute. There was enough water to cover the screen. Anyways, i just wanted to know where the water damage sticker was and how i would know if it was tirggered. My m9 turns on but i can't unlock it or turn it off. I'm worried and sad because i've only had my phone for a month. Can anyone tell me if i'll need to send it to someone to fix it or if i can fix it at home or if i just have to wait for the water to evaporate. Thanks in advance guys.

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You should have turned the device off after the water and let it dry. Since it doesn't seem you did that, seems you need to hope for uh oh protection

Posted via the Android Central App

allroy75

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my m9. I was out hiking and crossed a shallow portion of the river where I slipped on the rocks and my m9 fell out of my pocket into the water. It was fully submerged for about 5 seconds with a case and glass screen protector on it. I grabbed it and immediately powered it down. The screen was acting funky but I was able to get it to shut off. I dried it off and hiked back to my truck. I then took the case off, took the sd and sim trays out. I then put it in a container of rice overnight. The next morning I fired it up and everything was fine except for some fading distortion on the bottom of the screen. That quickly went away after an hour or two and the phone is fine now. Hope this can help anyone that has the same issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan