How can I change my HTC Dialer Themes?

Michael Van Orden

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
HTC Dialer Theme issues

I have searched and cant find an answer to this. I am using HTC M9 and using custom themes. Some themes show a custom dialer, most of the time it is just a cool color. When I apply the theme, all aspects of the theme get applied except for the dialer. It stays basic default white.

Since that didn't work, I went to themes.htc.com and made my own. Published it, downloaded to my phone via the themes app and applied. Again all aspects applied except the dialer I made.

I contacted HTC support and they have no answers. I've searched online, I've found no answers.

I have seen in some walk throughs that if you go to Settings > Personalize > Dialer Color, you can change it there. SO I tried that, still nothing, only option is default.

Please someone HELP!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC Dialer Theme issues

I have searched and cant find an answer to this. I am using HTC M9 and using custom themes. Some themes show a custom dialer, most of the time it is just a cool color. When I apply the theme, all aspects of the theme get applied except for the dialer. It stays basic default white.

Since that didn't work, I went to themes.htc.com and made my own. Published it, downloaded to my phone via the themes app and applied. Again all aspects applied except the dialer I made.

I contacted HTC support and they have no answers. I've searched online, I've found no answers.

I have seen in some walk throughs that if you go to Settings > Personalize > Dialer Color, you can change it there. SO I tried that, still nothing, only option is default.

Please someone HELP!

Honestly this is a first for me. I've not heard about that happening. I'll play around with mine to see if I can replicate.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I've got the same problem . Everything changes but the phone dialer .

Posted via the Android Central App

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I went under personalize settings and keyboard color and it let me change mine .

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I changed mine under personalize, change or edit theme, current, Icons (HTC default icons). It lets you customize a lot of things. That's how I changed the original blue color of the phone and messaging icons to the green.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

For example if this keyboard was a part of my theme that's currently applied, I could toggle between it and the default HTC keyboard..

Attachments

• 28002.jpg
    28002.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 51

nightgardian

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there was ever a solution found for this? I am having the same problem. I just got the phone yesterday (upgrade from a M7) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the dial pad from white. I have tried applying themes, making my own, and going though the settings. Regardless of what I do, I can't get the dialer, nor the keyboard to change from white. Any help out there? Carrier is Bell if that makes any kind of a difference.

kk bb

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Frustrating. Just upgraded from Lollipop to Marshmallow. Phone dialer and keyboard are BRIGHT friggin white. I am old, my eyes can't take it. Can I down grade back to Lolipop? I would prefer an old flip phone I can see! What a nightmare. I don't want to spend all day figuring out how to make it passive gray. If I turn down the brightness I can't see anything else. Who designs this stuff!? Looks like there is no one with any answers. Ready to throw in the towel.

kk bb

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Answering my own question here. Couldn't take shining a flashlight into my eyes. Wasted some time. Changed theme (under Personalize) to something called Tilt. Then I had to go back and take the theme off icons and some other stuff (back to default). Now my texts are white text in a black box with a white background that I can't seem to get rid of. Oh well. Now I can look at the dialer and keyboard without a 10 minute side effect of persistence of vision. Was unbearable at night. YMMV Good Luck!

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Answering my own question here. Couldn't take shining a flashlight into my eyes. Wasted some time. Changed theme (under Personalize) to something called Tilt. Then I had to go back and take the theme off icons and some other stuff (back to default). Now my texts are white text in a black box with a white background that I can't seem to get rid of. Oh well. Now I can look at the dialer and keyboard without a 10 minute side effect of persistence of vision. Was unbearable at night. YMMV Good Luck!
Just followed your suggestions and it looks so much better! Thanks!

Paul Murray5

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Just followed your suggestions and it looks so much better! Thanks!

Went to App Store searched dialer app went to colour theme diallers chose red & black problem fixed. Go to settings>personalise scroll down to bottom for phone dialer colour - select theme

Last edited:

Hussain Mithi

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site

Please someone HELP!

probably it is not applicable for your phone
Even didn't use to work on my m7