Verizon HTC One M9 on T-mobile network?

Fermin Cruz

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a HTC One M9 from craigslist. The guy who sold it to me said it was factory unlocked but it was a Verizon phone. I learned today that all Verizon phones that are LTE or 4G are unlocked already. Anyways, I'm able to make calls and send texts but I cant use my data or send picture messages. I tried looking for the APN settings but all I found was for older versions of the device (M7 or M8) Can someone please give me the correct APN settings? Also, which "Preferred Network" do I have to pick? I have "LTE mode" "LTE/legacy 3GPP mode" and Global mode. Under the second mode I have "GSM/GPRS/EDGE only mode" "UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ only mode" "LTE only mode". Thanks in advance!

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi fermin,

I don't think the phone will have the radio band's to do lte on tmobile. Maybe just 3g? The apn settings should be the same on newer tmobile phones. Apn should be fast.t-mobile.com, you should be able to Google the rest of the settings

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It will work just fine. At least for GSM. The M9 has both CDMA and GSM. I'm not sure about LTE though. T-Mobile works on different bands than Verizon and I'm not sure if a Verizon M9 has those bands turned on. Worst case scenario you will have GSM and HSPA+ but not LTE. You're also going to need to change your APN settings so you can text and MMS.

All new Verizon phones are GSM capable, they have been for a few years now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084