Smartwatches

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have done a little research and found nothing. Are there any smartwatches compatible with the HTC M9? If so, what are the top ones out there. Thanks!

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have done a little research and found nothing. Are there any smartwatches compatible with the HTC M9? If so, what are the top ones out there. Thanks!

All Android wear watches are suitable for the M9. I am not an "early adopter" of Android wear and the smart watch scene. I have yet to ever even play with one. From what I read though, they are all the same software wise and you should choose based on your own personal style. That new moto 360, that might be my intro into all things Android wear.

Posted via the Android Central App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After all, it is a style accessory and I believe the only thing that should be streamlined is the UI. I think this is also what google intended it to be.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had a smart watch since the M9 was released in April. My biggest complaint is that if you want to use the native HTC apps like mail and SMS, it isn't very well integrated with Android Wear at all. With mail you can't send a quick reply from the watch. If a group of emails come in at once you can't open them individually. You can't reply to text messages from the watch in any meaningful way so that isn't very good either. I don't know if it's because they don't have their own wear device but I can't see that happening any time soon if this is the polish and functionality they are putting out there now. It's obviously an afterthought for them. Not impressed.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks! I ordered one and don't use native htc apps... I'm hoping for a good experience so we shall see. If anyone else has a moto360 please chime in!

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC One M9 on Verizon and I have the Moto 360. The combination works great. No complaints. Very happy with it.

I use Chomp for my texts and both Gmail and Yahoo for email. No issues. My messages show up on the watch. I can look at them individually. I can dismiss or respond to texts. I can dismiss or delete emails.

I receive notifications and messages for numerous other apps, as well, including Hangouts, Facebook, Google Now cards and many others, too.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M9 via Tapatalk

---Michael

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a moto360 for few days, but i returned it for the battery life. Very bad in my opinion, it wasn't able to do a full day
That's a bummer. I take mine off the charger every day around 730 and put it back on at night around midnight with 50-70% still remaining. And I'm using it all day long.

---Michael

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
That's a bummer. I take mine off the charger every day around 730 and put it back on at night around midnight with 50-70% still remaining. And I'm using it all day long.

---Michael

I find that hard to believe you still have 70% battery left at midnight after taking off the charger at 7:30am with any light to moderate use.

jobjohnny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just received a Moto 360 2nd gen with the smaller battery (42mm size). It pairs and operates flawlessly with my M9. Battery was at 42% remaining when I put it on the charger tonight. That was with a good amount of useage since it was my first full day with it and I was playing around a lot with the watch.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I find that hard to believe you still have 70% battery left at midnight after taking off the charger at 7:30am with any light to moderate use.
Between 50 and 70 percent nine days out of ten. Maybe one in ten, down to 45%.

---Michael

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Just put it on the charger at midnight. Was at 67%. Took it off this morning at 715.

---Michael

Hmmmmm....take a screenshot next time and post it? Is your screen always on in ambient mode?

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Update. Got my moto 360 last night. Could not get the dumb thing to download the software update but got it Bluetooth synced and working. Then the "google play services" popped up and would not stop. So I installed an older version of android wear and now it works fine. Hopefully they get that updated but for right now it works great running android wear back from April 15th.