HTC One M9 Severely Underpowered

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering my my phone is performing about 700 points lower than it should
This phone is performing worse than an LG G2, so I'm kinda wondering why
And this is in high performance mode as well so I'm not lowering the CPU performance

Posted via the Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Other than that geek score. What actual usage is displaying underperformance? A game or app perhaps?

Last edited:

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah some games that are basic and should never be lagging are lagging
It just doesn't feel like the "blazing fast" they keep calling it in reviews

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about benchmarks, but my day to day use tells me that the OS can't be used like I would use my BB10. Phone is a great piece of hardware, it's just the OS that can't keep up with how fast I want to do it.

Also, I don't think a benchmark should determine whether or not the device is underpowered or not. That's one of android biggest problems.

What good is a 4k screen, 10 core 3ghz processes and 4gb of ram if nothing uses it. It might look nice on paper and when buying one, but nothing really uses it unless you want Dying Light on your phone.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about benchmarks, but my day to day use tells me that the OS can't be used like I would use my BB10. Phone is a great piece of hardware, it's just the OS that can't keep up with how fast I want to do it.

I haven't noticed any lagging on my phone even during intensive multitasking. This thing flies through everything I throw at it.

Posted via my HTC One M9

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah some games that are basic and should never be lagging are lagging
It just doesn't feel like the "blazing fast" they keep calling it in reviews

Can't say lagging games or lagging in general is a weak point of this device.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Can't say lagging games or lagging in general is a weak point of this device.

Could you do a benchmark test so we can compare our phones?

And Dominations lagged beyond all get out
Geometry Wars lagged a little bit
Run lagged a good bit

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Could you do a benchmark test so we can compare our phones?

And Dominations lagged beyond all get out
Geometry Wars lagged a little bit
Run lagged a good bit

There ya go...

Attachments

• 28832.jpg
    28832.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 34

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
That's a pretty big difference

My multi core is actually a bit low. It should be over 4,000. That said, I've never cared about benchmarks. This phone has issues but like I said lagging isn't one of them. Your phone is an anomaly. Return it and get a new one. It is performing like a 800 snap.

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the slowness too. I have an analog clock widget I use since the m7. It works fine on the m7, Xperia Z3. But on the m9, the second hand doesn't move every second. It often stops for a couple of seconds then skip to catch up. The phone also slow when boot up. After it comes on, I can log in but most of the apps are not fully functional. The swipe down don't even work until a couple minutes later. When install or update many apps, the phone will get hot. I think because of the heat problem, they have to under clock the cpu and therefore, it is slow.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the slowness too. I have an analog clock widget I use since the m7. It works fine on the m7, Xperia Z3. But on the m9, the second hand doesn't move every second. It often stops for a couple of seconds then skip to catch up. The phone also slow when boot up. After it comes on, I can log in but most of the apps are not fully functional. The swipe down don't even work until a couple minutes later. When install or update many apps, the phone will get hot. I think because of the heat problem, they have to under clock the cpu and therefore, it is slow.

Why would some experience this and not others? I haven't had any issues with slowness or overheating on my M9
My benchmarks look good too.

Posted via my HTC One M9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech