Turn by Turn and Reading Text Messages Through My Car's BT Not Working

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
How do I enable (or re-enable) the ability for my M9 to give turn-by-turn directions and read text messages through my car's BT? It worked when I first bought the phone, but some where a long the line it stopped working. I can make and receive phone calls via my car's BT just fine.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What app? I know Google Maps has a specific setting for enabling/disabling spoken directions and phone speaker vs BT.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Google Navigator and Here Maps both. I checked and it is set to BT. The odd part was that it worked fine when I first bought the device. It would give me a text notification over my cars BT even if my infotainment system was set to iPod or radio. The same with turn-by-turn. Google Navigator would trigger my car's BT when I was approaching a turn regardless of whether I was listening to my iPod or radio.

I don't understand what happened. I wonder if I should do a hard reset and see what happens.

Edit: I just realized I had English UK as the Navigator's voice. I'm not sure how that was enabled instead of English (US). I wonder if that was the problem. I'll find out then next time I have to drive somewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante