Long term HTC One M9 owners- thoughts on the device?

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I really like my HTC one M9. I've had it since last October. I would advise people who are new to this phone to buy the HTC fast charger, it doesn't come with the phone, you have to buy it seperately. It really is much faster charging than the regular charger and makes a huge difference with the battetry life. The camera has taken some great pics and the phone is very slick and doesn't lag. I upgraded from an HTC one M7 so there is a difference and it has moved forward and improved.

I'd second the recommendation on the Qualcomm 2.0 charger, even moreso for the car if you use GPS. You can get one on Amazon for around $10.

Shane Pritchett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
If you are having battery problems or heating issues then you need to enter recovery mode and wipe the device's system cache. There are several how to's online including a complete google response to the correct question. It takes 2 minutes... Hold Power and vol down after shutting down the phone. Enter recovery. Hold power and vol up after you see the red triangle with the ! in the middle and you will get the factory reset or wipe cache screen. The vol rockers change the selection and the power button is enter. After System cache wipe, then reboot. All of your problems will be gone and you don't lose any data or system settings. You should always perform this on any phone after OS update or after you are done setting it up from the box new ;)

Adam81er

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
If you are having battery problems or heating issues then you need to enter recovery mode and wipe the device's system cache. There are several how to's online including a complete google response to the correct question. It takes 2 minutes... Hold Power and vol down after shutting down the phone. Enter recovery. Hold power and vol up after you see the red triangle with the ! in the middle and you will get the factory reset or wipe cache screen. The vol rockers change the selection and the power button is enter. After System cache wipe, then reboot. All of your problems will be gone and you don't lose any data or system settings. You should always perform this on any phone after OS update or after you are done setting it up from the box new ;)
Is this method also for unrooted phones?

ctrcut350

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I really loved this phone until the last update. It was the best that I ever had. Now, text messages go missing. When you are typing, the keypad disappears every 10 seconds. It restarts regularly. Too bad. It was awesome before the last update.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
For everyone stating they are having average-great battery life,are you guys using power saving mode. What do you guys have enabled/disabled (Bluetooth,nfc,GPS,google services,google now etc...)? I cared system cache a few days ago and my phone seems to be heating up quicker than expected. I'm using high accuracy with location history off with auto brightness. It's currently 104 degrees Fahrenheit inside a 75 degree room.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using mine as a pokemon go phone. So im not tying up my primary line. I have only had it heat up when i was outside in direct sun light about 100 Degrees outside temp, not phone temp. BUT that was the only time i noticed heat. I played indoors at a mall for a few hours and it did not over heat on me.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive been using mine as a pokemon go phone. So im not tying up my primary line. I have only had it heat up when i was outside in direct sun light about 100 Degrees outside temp, not phone temp. BUT that was the only time i noticed heat. I played indoors at a mall for a few hours and it did not over heat on me.
Do you have to force close Pokemon go to prevent battery drain after you swiped it away from recent apps?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to force close Pokemon go to prevent battery drain after you swiped it away from recent apps?

I have not noticed any additional battery drain.
The only time i swipe it away from recent apps is when i need to restart it after i loose the audio in the app when a notification happens on the phone.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed any additional battery drain.
The only time i swipe it away from recent apps is when i need to restart it after i loose the audio in the app when a notification happens on the phone.
So you never swipe away any app from recent apps (including Pokemon go) unless you have a issue?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I used to swipe away often or on some phones tap the clear all. However in the last month or so i dont do it anymore. I just let Android manage things for me. So correct, i dont swipe apps away unless i have an issue.
I also power cycle my phone daily or every other day. So maybe im not noticing power drain because im restarting my phone periodically.

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
My M-9 is reliable, I've got it set up the way I like it which isn't hard with any HTC phone. The camera is good but not great but overall I really like my 9. Hope this helps.