M9 heats up after 6.0 on T-Mobile

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's it. Phone seems a little smoother, and I've noticed some very minor cosmetic changes, volume controls for example, but two days after the update, the phone is heating up more than it has in a long time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
That's it. Phone seems a little smoother, and I've noticed some very minor cosmetic changes, volume controls for example, but two days after the update, the phone is heating up more than it has in a long time.

Being that is a new version of Android, the Apps could be updating. Any large amounts of downloads will heat it up.

I would also recommend doing a full reset. It is just a good idea to avoid issues and I do it every time I get a major Android update.

You will also want to go into settings and make sure what you want is set correctly still. With new features, you will want to set those as well. If settings changed, the heat could be a result of things now happening that never did before.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wiped the system cache on mine after the update and so far i have not noticed any additional heating. Im not a heavy user though.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I forgot to restart the phone after the update. My battery died a couple days ago, and a bunch of visual changes kicked in after the phone restarted. I'm going to keep an eye on how hot the phone gets over the next couple days.