Location Services - Which Mode

Samuel Wray

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I recently got an M9 and I want to have location on because if I don't the lock screen will just say weather unavailable. I currently have it on battery saving mode because it should not use too much battery as it uses wifi and things that I have on anyway. Is it the mode that uses the least amount of battery? How much will it affect my battery life?

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently got an M9 and I want to have location on because if I don't the lock screen will just say weather unavailable. I currently have it on battery saving mode because it should not use too much battery as it uses wifi and things that I have on anyway. Is it the mode that uses the least amount of battery? How much will it affect my battery life?

Welcome to Android Central!

You can put it on GPS only and I believe that will save you some power. I personally have mine set to high accuracy and my phone will last more than a day set to that.

Samuel Wray

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Ok so if I put it on device only it will save power. The thing is I always have wi-fi on in the house or mobile data anywhere else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze