HTC One M9 gets warm in pocket-what's wrong?

ksims22887

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else phone get warm in pocket, and sometime display do come on and sometime not when I get txt message,and display stop responding for few minute,and when I use the phone it get warm I know it not normal to get warm while in my pocket. What is wrong with phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try the cache wipe. Also, how's the cell signal? Poor signal can cause battery drain and overheating.

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Just in case you happen to have glove mode selected, turn this off, because with the absurd side-mounted power switch this phone easily gets accidentally turned on in a pocket and glove mode then means lots of unwanted (and unseen) phone activity ensues... Not good - I found out the hard way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you done the cache wipe yet?

Is your cell signal always fine, or was it only fine when you were looking at it? Go to the Settings>Battery menu and look at the battery graph--does it show you what the cell signal has been over the span of a battery charge?

If the cell signal is always fine, and if the cache wipe doesn't help, then I'd suspect some app that's malfunctioning. When the phone gets really hot, does the battery also drain quickly? If so, the next time this happens, go to the Battery menu and see if there is an app that is using an unusually high percentage of battery.

ksims22887

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
how you can tell if app malfunctioning,yes my battery drain quickly do anyone else phone get speed charge, I don"t get it for longtime now I do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned before, when the battery is draining quickly, go to the Settings>Battery ​menu and see if there is an app that is using an unusually high percentage of battery.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Most likely poor signal, especially in buildings and the fact the m9 may tend to run a little warm due to the 810 and the metal build.

Posted via the Android Central App

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Np I'm on sprint too signal drain in buildings will make it warm up quickly. Yeah the metal and 810 causes it to heat up quite a bit. Even with the case the heat goes through the case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox