Does the HTC One M9 still have battery issues?

Mjayh87

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, i am looking into buying a new phone before the weekend, and the HTC One M9 is a phone i am thinking of getting.

The HTC design, build quality, high definition audio, speaker quality, decent camera, great software and processor performance are things that are swaying me towards an HTC phone.

However, i have been reading reviews, and the biggest complaint is by far the extremely poor battery on it. This, unfortunately is quite a large negative.

My question to anyone who has experience with HTC and owns one of these phones is this...Since the phones release, has their been any updates dealing with the battery issue, prolonging battery life on the phone?

Has the later version of Android 6.0 solved the battery issue?

Also final question, being an octa core phone, why is the battery so bad in the M9, when they specifically made the phone octa core with 4 lower powered cores to give the phone good battery management... i.e using the low powered cores for low intensive use such as browsing the web, and 4 high powered cores which kick in for high intensive use such as a very graphic intensive game. Is it that the M9 just needs a larger capacity battery, or is it purely contributed to poor software tuning for the battery and processors?

Cheers,

Matt

r0bii

May 11, 2015
Visit site
If you plan on rooting the phone, youre almost 100% sure of getting between 4-5 hrs of SOT with the correct tweaks like greenify, naptime and some kernel tweaks. All this w/o losing any performance. Right now im at 84% left with 1,20 hrs of SoT.

Mjayh87

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
To be honest, i would more than likely not be rooting the phone.

So i guess without a root the phone has a terrible battery life? I was hoping HTC may of fixed that with updates, but i guess not? What a shame. Everything about the phone is almost perfect, and the poor battery life really lets it down imo.

r0bii

May 11, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, i would more than likely not be rooting the phone.

So i guess without a root the phone has a terrible battery life? I was hoping HTC may of fixed that with updates, but i guess not? What a shame. Everything about the phone is almost perfect, and the poor battery life really lets it down imo.

i was not rooted the first months of using the phone and got between 4-5:30 hrs of SOT. Id recommend buying the 10 if youre able or a S7 edge. The battery life on the M9 is average - good, but other phones are better.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
i was not rooted the first months of using the phone and got between 4-5:30 hrs of SOT. Id recommend buying the 10 if youre able or a S7 edge. The battery life on the M9 is average - good, but other phones are better.
I'm not rooted and I'm lucky to get 2.5-3 hours SOT. What settings helped you accomplish this? I mostly web browse and I'm mostly out & about

Mjayh87

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah the 10 is far superior in every way, other than the design imo. Unfortunately, the HTC 10 is not available in New Zealand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87