Is anyone else with an HTC One M9 on Sprint getting an update right now?

Lytspeed

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
A very large update was just pushed to my Sprint M9, like 650 MB+ in size. It installed, and there was a new HTC logo, and it's now showing "Android is upgrading ..." and optimizing apps.

I didn't hear about any major updates coming out for this phone. I would be very surprised if I'm somehow getting Nougat already.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that we now have the Android Security Patch level indicated under Settings> About> Software information. It now indicates August 1, 2016.

Juan Dunn

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
A very large update was just pushed to my Sprint M9, like 650 MB+ in size. It installed, and there was a new HTC logo, and it's now showing "Android is upgrading ..." and optimizing apps.

I didn't hear about any major updates coming out for this phone. I would be very surprised if I'm somehow getting Nougat already.

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
It's just a big security update, but did not cover the second August 5th update of all the Qualcomm issue's, which are pretty serious. It does cover all previous security issues going back to January 1 2016, which covers well over a hundred vulns/bugs. I expect, the next update will be nougat sometime early next year. Here is the August security page from Google.
https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2016-08-01.html
And, yes, it was unannounced, and I too was surprised. I first searched the net for notices, but found only HTC page to verify. I guess we should say thanks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca