Why can't i stream videos on facebook and instagram on my htc one m9?

cxs_adl992

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I've been having this issue since I bought the HTC m9 4 days ago. I can't stream videos on instagram and facebook but YouTube works perfectly. It came with the marshmallow Android OS and i can't really figure out what the problem could be.

Thanks for your help in advance
Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens when you try to view the videos? Does nothing happen at all, or does the video play without audio? If you use the Facebook mobile site, can you view the videos?

Open your Play Store app and search for Android System Webview. If it isn't up to date, then update it. But if it is up to date, you could also try uninstalling updates, because updates to this system app have been known to cause glitches with certain devices.

cxs_adl992

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes videos work fine on mobile site but it doesn't on the apps (facebook and instagram). I updated the android web view but still not working. What should I do now?

cxs_adl992

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that it just keeps loading or buffering but never plays. Sometimes on instagram, after waiting 2minutes, it plays but never plays on the facebook app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34