Problems with HTC mail on M9

superk28

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Today i'm having issues with the HTC mail not working on my M9. It was functioning properly (accepting emails) until approx 10:00 GMT this morning but since then has not received any emails.

I use my Hotmail account through the app using Pop3 settings.

I've uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, changed my password via my Laptop, reset my phone but still I get the same message 'unable to proceed - Some of the information you entered is incorrect. Please review your settings & try again'. All information I have input is correct.

Please can someone help. Vodafone & HTC have been no help whatsoever today. Vodafone because its not their app & HTC because they're closed & support pages on the internet are down.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try removing the Hotmail account from the Email app, then go on the web and change your Hotmail password. (Also, make sure you don't have 2-step authentication turned on, if that's an option.) Then add the Hotmail account back to the Email app, making sure you enter the new password. Still the same problem?

superk28

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Already done that without any success, along with uninstalling & reinstalling the app & restarting my phone. Still no luck. Email works perfectly when linked to gmail or aqua mail so i've given up on the HTC mail app & gone Aqua mail.

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In which ever email app used, go to settings > exchange server settings > exchange server and change it from "m.hotmail.com" to "m.outlook.com".