New lock screen is appearing

pmb88

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Recently, randomly, a new screen overlays on the lock screen. The background shows random images and It says the phone is in silent mode. I dont recall downloading any apps that would do that. Is there a way to find out what app is doing this or restore it to the original screen?

pmb88

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. This is what I see. It looks like I could trigger it by plugging the charger in/out.

Attachments

• 36147.jpg
    36147.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 10

Aaron Gunda

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Ive seen this before... Do u have any battery saver apps or task killer apps.. Or any apps that you think can help u use your phone longer or more effectively.. Then one of these apps are causing your lock screen look like that.. Check the settings of each one of these apps... There should be an option to turn it off

Matt Cicciari

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
UPDATE: found this - http://peel.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/19000049514-about-new-lockscreen-overlay

Damn Peel Remote...this is the problem app...

Sorry. This is what I see. It looks like I could trigger it by plugging the charger in/out.

Any other ideas? I have a Galaxy S6 (Verizon). This started showing up for me today (3/29) and SOMETIMES overrides the fingerprint lock with a simple swipe - BAD NEWS!!!!

Swipe up and it shows expanded weather that has a generic Android style to it. There is a top right "Mute for Now" option, but nothing to indicate the source app/service.

I checked Norton apps - nothing.
Peel app has all notifications turned off (has been for a while).

Any help appreciated.
-Matt

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz