HTC One Max

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Apparently this is the full list of specs. I'm cool with everything (even the lower end processor), except the only mention of storage is 16gb. If that's the case, I'm getting a Note.

With these specs, it seems HTC is trying to take on the Galaxy Mega, rather than the Note. Thoughts?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, if those specs are true, then HTC just made things easy for me and I will get a Note 3. I was already iffy because of the size, but the specs make it a no brainer.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
It makes no sense for them not to use the 800 chip AND not release a 32/64gb versions as seen with the One. Ugh!!!! I just don't get ANY OEM! They always find a way to disappoint!

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So it's literally a stretched out One?

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Pretty much with a 600 or 800 processor a finger print scanner and a extra Sim slot. Which for me is great because it 3000mah battery which was my only concern. Though again on a marketing and competive stand point does not look good.

Brand loyalty goes as far as the specs will take it.(Excluding the slim minority)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It makes no sense for them not to use the 800 chip AND release a 32/64gb versions as seen with the One. Ugh!!!! I just don't get ANY OEM! They always find a way to disappoint!

HTC like any other oem has to make compromises. The compromises any OEM has to make is based on their revenue. HTC put most of their money into to the HTC One and though HTC was a success. The success HTC gain was more redeeming the company's in hopes to turn profit around. They did notgain huge profit sucess that did give them revenue to push the Max further. With recent report of htc dialing back company that Max is what it is.IMO.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
HTC like any other oem has to make compromises. The compromises any OEM has to make is based on their revenue. HTC put most of their money into to the HTC One and though HTC was a success. The success HTC gain was more redeeming the company's in hopes to turn profit around. They did notgain huge profit sucess that did give them revenue to push the Max further. With recent report of htc dialing back company that Max is what it is.IMO.

They might as well close shop if they are basically waving the white flag in cutting back on a larger phone that's suppose to be as attractive if not more than the original. It might as well not release a phablet and settling on what little success the One was. It can only be positive if they release the Max to be competitive with the note 3 etc . I just hope that this is not what will be released here.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
They might as well close shop if they are basically waving the white flag in cutting back on a larger phone that's suppose to be as attractive if not more than the original. It might as well not release a phablet and settling on what little success the One was. It can only be positive if they release the Max to be competitive with the note 3 etc . I just hope that this is not what will be released here.

IDK.
I think they figure making HTC One Max with specs like Note 3 won't net them any more profit then what they will get with Max as it is now. The RD ,build cost and project profit is to much for to little profit for going all out on the HTC One Max. Success for HTC is to be in less debt then they were last year so they are going to have to make compromises for sake of staying in business.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
More and more leaks seem to be pointing to the 600 processor which I do not mine as long as the price is lower than the note. One speculation for the Max not coming with 600 is their is a shortage of supply of the 800.
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...-said-to-run-on-snapdragon-600-chipset-420491
htc-one-max-spotted-big.jpg

Al this pretty interesting since nothing is official but one thing stands out is supposed FCC leaks have been off on dimensions. The MAX was rumored almost to be the same size as the one then later to be just be little bit shorter than the Note 2 and 3. Finally we have picture showing device actually taller sort of skews what can be expected on final build on the Max.

Sort of getting tired of waiting to see what the actually becomes of this device.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC
Forums mobile app

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
October Release and Launch?
Possible head to head with the Note 3, One Max, and Nexus 5 for me. Battery life between devices will be the deciding factor.
HTC-One-Max-single-sim.jpg
I very happy fingerprint sensor is a nice jet black which will look a lot better on white or all black body. IMO

Last edited:

Xader

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint to me is a novelty to the general public, but to someone that has sensitive information in their phone it is a great feature.

I'll tell ya. My hp laptop has a fingerprint scanner, and I absolutely love it. Swiping my finger, instead of typing a password, using a pin or pattern, or (heaven forbid) leaving it unsecured is so quick and convenient.

I think it's the perfect balance of security and convenience.

S4 Pro processor, 16GB storage, no microSD, no other options = non-starter for me. Glad I ordered the GN3 instead.

People seem to be getting pretty worked up over that site only mentioning 16GB of memory. Every other report I've read has said that the max would have a microSD slot. In fact, in the picture above with the back off, the slot on the right side of the device, directly to the side of the camera, says "microSD" right on it... (Granted, we may just be seeing the E. Asia model, which like the original One, has microSD)

bigger image with clear markings

179254-onemaxrear.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone find or hear anything this week? You'd think with it (possibly) getting released in less than two weeks they would have announced it by now.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone find or hear anything this week? You'd think with it (possibly) getting released in less than two weeks they would have announced it by now.

We have photos that the device so far exists but date of announcement or launch is just speculation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Xader

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone should move this thread over to the new One Max forum.

Anyone wanna drop a PM to a forum mod?

edit: touche mods....

Last edited: