http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/09/htc-one-max-specs-leaked/
bwiek97ceaefeuv.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Xader

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

microsd: :D
32GB: :confused:

Who builds a new device that only supports up to 32GB microsd? Why not 64 or even 128GB? They're going the wrong way...

Not really complaining though. 32GB onboard + 32GB expandable (or 64+32) I can live with...as long as Verizon doesn't go with the 16GB model only. That would be a bummer.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One Max is continuation of the solid HTC One. The idea that HTC may not use the S800 is not the deciding factor for the HTC One Max. The HTC One Max's software,cost, and battery life will be key to success. HTC will need to convince consumers why a bigger HTC One is worth getting over a Note 3.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One Max is continuation of the solid HTC One. The idea that HTC may not use the S800 is not the deciding factor for the HTC One Max. The HTC One Max's software,cost, and battery life will be key to success. HTC will need to convince consumers why a bigger HTC One is worth getting over a Note 3.

It was more a dig at the people that whined about the Moto X.

I don't care what processor HTC puts in the One Max as long as it performs well in everyday use. :)

Posted via Android Central App

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It was more a dig at the people that whined about the Moto X.

I don't care what processor HTC puts in the One Max as long as it performs well in everyday use. :)

Posted via Android Central App

I thought it was fair criticism. The HTC One was made to compete against S4 and both devices had similar specs. So one would think HTC One Max would match specs of Note 3. True specs don't matter as long as meets everyday use.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
You'll likely be able to purchase a Note 3 for around $300, or even possibly $250, by Xmas or even Black Friday. It has USB3, 24/192, 3G ROM, S800, etc. Even if HTC prices the One Max at $200 why would you purchase it over the Note 3?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You'll likely be able to purchase a Note 3 for around $300, or even possibly $250, by Xmas or even Black Friday. It has USB3, 24/192, 3G ROM, S800, etc. Even if HTC prices the One Max at $200 why would you purchase it over the Note 3?

For the exact same reasons a person purchases a HTC One over a S4.

If I was to buy a phablet I would go for the Max because of design, cost and software. The Note 3's stylus and s-pen features are not important features to me. $50 or $100 off is still $50 to $100 of well saved money IMO. The most appealing features about phablets is having a bigger screen and a bigger battery.

Specs are just spec if both devices perform well in everyday use the specs don't matter. If you need more 64GB(Most Won't) and need more speed with USB 3(not really a defining feature). Furthermore if you need the S-Pen and features(which seems many stop using S-Pen over a couple weeks) then the Note 3 is the device to get.

Otherwise listing specs is like saying I got a hemi...j/k

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Xader

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Simple answer....I don't want a Samsung. So why would I pay more for a device I don't want, with a "key feature" that I wouldn't use, and with an interface I don't like? Give me a 6" screen with Sense 5, built by HTC any day.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Otherwise listing specs is like saying I got a hemi...j/k

My former brother-in-law had a Plymouth 426 Hemi. That car was almost unbelievable to have on the street. But, I see your point.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-1.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-2.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-3.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-5.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-6.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-7.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-8.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-9.jpg

HTC-One-Max-Screen-Protector-Image-11.jpg

Well the phone looks gorgeous. Its seems from the leak their may be three HTC One Max variants ranging in processor. Their will be a S4,S600 and S800. To be honest I am hoping for the S600 because of off contract cost.The price of the device seems to be on high side. We will see hopefully in the next few day what final cost and specs will be.
http://gsminsider.com/2013/10/htc-one-max-clearest-images/
Sent from my SGH-T999 using A Forums mobile app

Last edited:

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
That's strange they'd have three different versions like that. Hopefully they do a better job marketing this than they did the One. I just wish there was a Google Play edition.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That's strange they'd have three different versions like that. Hopefully they do a better job marketing this than they did the One. I just wish there was a Google Play edition.

The three different versions the HTC One Max I assume are dedicate to specific consumer markets. These consumer markets based on price meaning S800 may be to expensive for certain markets so S600 and S4 would be better suited.

I believe the S800 most likely would come US based on simply being market that could afford the S800.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The three different versions the HTC One Max I assume are dedicate to specific consumer markets. These consumer markets based on price meaning S800 may be to expensive for certain markets so S600 and S4 would be better suited.

I believe the S800 most likely would come US based on simply being market that could afford the S800.

It better :) and also utilize Qualcomm rf360 chip and be available as a sprint tri band lte device!!