HTC One Max

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
1376923379818.jpg
Well the previous rumors of Max being slightly bigger than HTC One fell through. The device still looks great but the rumor finger print scanner is hideous and unnecessary IMO. I hope device is the same size of note 2 hopefully slimmer and not as wide.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
And I hope it includes functionality like s-pen on the note

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I don't think they will. S-Pen is appealing feature but seems to be feature used by small groups of consumers. It's great feature to market but I don't think it's in budget or in HTC's best interest. Unfortunately I rather have HTC-Pen over a HTC Fingerprint reader out the two features I won't use.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I want it all: fingerprint scanner, IR, OIS, mSD, etc.
Why wouldn't you want a finger print thing, doesn't it secure your phone? Or am I confused? Again.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I want it all, but the fingerprint thing would be nice. IR would be nice too, not sure how much I'd use it, but the remote is lost a lot at my house. SD was something I really wanted with the Rezound coming from the Inc but since I've had my Rezound I can only think of about 2 times I've taken it out, and only 1 of those did I put it into something else. There are just too many ways to transfer data for me now, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, G Drive, and tethered. The One has NFC, right? The ring around the camera, right? I know the Mini doesn't have the ring, but it looks like the Max does. I'm curious what the two blurred things are on the Max in the photo?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think this device is going to be very long, based on the design of the One. No thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I settled on the One, and so far I'm very happy. It is super slick, like slide out of your hand slick, so I'm in the process of looking for a case. I would hate to drop this only having it for a week now. So I got the IR, NFC, but no finger print and no SD. One thing I wasn't expecting was the set up. After the initial Google account set up the phone just takes off and loads virtually everything you had loaded on your previous device. That was super nice. The only things that it didn't load was a handful of apps that probably had one or two permissions that were questionable. I like everything about it except Blink Feed, which you can't turn off. My only other concern, not sure if it's a plus or minus yet, is the charging port is on the bottom of the phone. It is definitely a better place if you are holding the phone while plugged in, but I don't think it will work to well with my car mount, unless I go landscape. Using Swype for my main keyboard I only use landscape for video. So far I'm getting full days out of the phone with no charging in between on the 2200 mAh battery. That's pretty heavy use too, being a new device I'm on it like a kid on a demo in a toy store. 61% going on 10 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I settled on the One, and so far I'm very happy. It is super slick, like slide out of your hand slick, so I'm in the process of looking for a case. I would hate to drop this only having it for a week now. So I got the IR, NFC, but no finger print and no SD. One thing I wasn't expecting was the set up. After the initial Google account set up the phone just takes off and loads virtually everything you had loaded on your previous device. That was super nice. The only things that it didn't load was a handful of apps that probably had one or two permissions that were questionable. I like everything about it except Blink Feed, which you can't turn off. My only other concern, not sure if it's a plus or minus yet, is the charging port is on the bottom of the phone. It is definitely a better place if you are holding the phone while plugged in, but I don't think it will work to well with my car mount, unless I go landscape. Using Swype for my main keyboard I only use landscape for video. So far I'm getting full days out of the phone with no charging in between on the 2200 mAh battery. That's pretty heavy use too, being a new device I'm on it like a kid on a demo in a toy store. 61% going on 10 hours.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If rumors are true then we may HTC One Max on Wednesday. I am interested to see if dual-sim, and fingerprint reader is for select international markets. I am also hoping for one piece design no removable back just my preference. The stylus rumor is not a must but a intriguing option.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet :(

I genuinely don't see why anyone would want a fingerprint scanner on their phone. If it's integrated into the home button like the rumors for the iPhone 5S-or probably HTC's logo in this case-I wouldn't mind it. I wouldn't use it, but at least it wouldn't make my phone look as fugly as that prototype above.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Any news on this? I'm tempted to pre-order the Note 3, but wanted to see this phone first and find out availability before I made my decision.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just leaks and HTC teaser videos with Iron Man. No clue when it will be announced.

Note 3 and HTC One Max will be as different as the S4 and HTC One. You will most likely be happy with either one but it will come down to preference. Note 3 may have better features to implement the use Stylus since they have made two devices already. However the stylus features might not even be a concern for you. Multitasking on Note 3 may not be on HTC One Maxx. Battery life and form factor may be deciding factor?

For now you can either get Note 3 or wait to see what HTC One Max has. I doubt deference will be anything significant then why people choose between a S4 or HTC One.

I am going HTC One Max for build quality and sense. If the battery life is same as a Note 2 and about same size as a Note 2 or 3 then I will be happy.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just leaks and HTC teaser videos with Iron Man. No clue when it will be announced.

Note 3 and HTC One Max will be as different as the S4 and HTC One. You will most likely be happy with either one but it will come down to preference. Note 3 may have better features to implement the use Stylus since they have made two devices already. However the stylus features might not even be a concern for you. Multitasking on Note 3 may not be on HTC One Maxx. Battery life and form factor may be deciding factor?

For now you can either get Note 3 or wait to see what HTC One Max has. I doubt deference will be anything significant then why people choose between a S4 or HTC One.

I am going HTC One Max for build quality and sense. If the battery life is same as a Note 2 and about same size as a Note 2 or 3 then I will be happy.

Well, thats the thing. I prefer HTC's build quality, speakers, and sense. But I like Samsung's S-pen, multitasking, and camera. If the HTC comes with a stylus and multitasking features, I would prefer that, if not I would go with the Note. the other concern is size, the Note 2 is the largest I would want a phone, and the Note 3 remains at that same size, but the Max is rumored to have a 6" screen so it would have a bigger body and I wouldn't want it anyway regardless of the features. I'm just anxious for a new phone now, and the Note 3 would be great, but I would be disappointed if the Max came out later at the same size with a stylus and multitasking and I would be stuck with the Note.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, thats the thing. I prefer HTC's build quality, speakers, and sense. But I like Samsung's S-pen, multitasking, and camera. If the HTC comes with a stylus and multitasking features, I would prefer that, if not I would go with the Note. the other concern is size, the Note 2 is the largest I would want a phone, and the Note 3 remains at that same size, but the Max is rumored to have a 6" screen so it would have a bigger body and I wouldn't want it anyway regardless of the features. I'm just anxious for a new phone now, and the Note 3 would be great, but I would be disappointed if the Max came out later at the same size with a stylus and multitasking and I would be stuck with the Note.

Vanilla or Vanilla Bean ice cream?
Just be happy with your ice cream...j/k

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

At least you would not be stuck with the lame "ultra" pixel camera.....

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone know when we may be seeing an announcement?

Nothing yet. I do find it a little odd that HTC did not have any following teasers after the IFA event. Though I guess one could speculate they want the initial Note 3 and Apple buzz to die down before making any significant announcement.

Just speculating but Late September press event at earliest or at latest early Nov.

HTC needs big turn around in end though something to bring a big appeal to their name again.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
@Evleaks tweeted the Max is Sprint bound-didn't say when but hopefully soon. Anyone want to start a petition to get a Google Play Edition?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy