We've got the HTC One Max. Ask your questions here!!!

kungfutiger

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is the battery able to be swapped or is it permanently fixed? The removable back plate allows access to the microSim and microSD card slots - or is there a slot on the side of the phone?

jackinit

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
y the s600cpu instead of s800 which is being opted by current gen flagships?
any pics for the one maxx with stylus?

That's an easy one. Htc loves to shoot themselves in the foot. Smh. Real-world will you notice a difference? No. But specs on paper matter, psychologically especially.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So does this mean no LTE support for AT&T or T-Mobile? Kinda disappointing when Apple releases the Verizon iPhone 5S that works on every US carrier's LTE.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
y the s600cpu instead of s800 which is being opted by current gen flagships?
any pics for the one maxx with stylus?

Lower r&d costs developing a new kernel, using a known quantity, cost savings on the bom, optimizing diminishing returns (its good enough theory)... Its definitely a strange call to make, but the explanation that makes the most sense to me is if they're trying to reduce costs due to their profitably issues and if their mindset was of a really big HTC One rather than a note competitor.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Is the battery able to be swapped or is it permanently fixed? The removable back plate allows access to the microSim and microSD card slots - or is there a slot on the side of the phone?
Battery is fixed.
How does the display look when compared to the One? Can pogo pins be used for wireless charging?
Slightly less punchy than the One, but still pretty damned good.
Any word on US gsm/lte compatability? I saw the spec break down, but I'm still a little confused exactly what networks/bands it supports.
No GSM/US version. Just Verizon/Sprint and GSM/LTE for Europe.
How's the battery life? I mean, it'l obvious be pretty good, but how's it in comparison to say, the note 3?
Excellent. Near Note 3 level.
So does this mean no LTE support for AT&T or T-Mobile? Kinda disappointing when Apple releases the Verizon iPhone 5S that works on every US carrier's LTE.
As it stands, none of the SKUs that have been announced support ATT/Tmo LTE.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The Max was potentially going to be my first large phone but I have to admit that I am disappointed that they did not at least match the Note 3 in regards to specs.
It literally is my One in a larger package (could care less for the fingerprint scanner) amd not sure the larger form factor is enough to switch.
Alex, are you disappointed that the Max did not at least come with 3GB of Ram and a Snapdragon 800 (I sure like the idea of 2300 MHz).

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you done anything to make one handed use any easier? ie. installed an app like Swapps as a single sided launcher?

Also, some leaks had it as a 5UP cam. Is it a different sensor or are we looking at the same device?

Mobilestash

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Does it seem TOO big? I already thought that the Galaxy Note 2 & 3 were big but this one goes to another level.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes