We've got the HTC One Max. Ask your questions here!!!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How does it feel in the hand? It looks awful large for a handset from my p.o.v.

Posted via Android Central App
Feels good in the hand, but yeah — it's big.

What's with the white bezel around the side? And how much thicker is the Max compared to the One?

It's a polycarbonate trim similar to the HTC One Mini. It's quite a bit thicker as you'd expect. 10.29mm at the thickest point versus 9.3mm on the One.

vandam500

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Are there any phablet software features similar to the Note 3? Things like multi-window and the pen window are amazing. If not, is the One Maxx just really a larger One with slight additions to Blink Feed and nothing to take advantage of that huge screen?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Dimensions:

162.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm vs 137.4 x 68.3 x 9.3mm (43% increase in area and 58% increase in volume)

217g vs 143g (52% increase in mass)

DPI 373 vs 468 ppi

44% increase in battery size (MAh)

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Are there any phablet software features similar to the Note 3? Things like multi-window and the pen window are amazing. If not, is the One Maxx just really a larger One with slight additions to Blink Feed and nothing to take advantage of that huge screen?

There's a new note-taking app called Scribble. Nothing like multi-window or pen window.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Considering it's a much bigger screen and needs to push a lot more pixels, is it possible that it will be slightly slower than the One though?
Same resolution as the One — 1080p. And I've got both the One and the Max here, side by side — performance is pretty much identical.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea on Sense 5.5 / Android 4.3 on 'regular' HTC Ones ?

Officially, "in the coming months."

Unofficially, I've heard November.

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know if the notification light for htc one is still not customizable or have they changed that with one max? Also, is the light still hidden behind a grill like it was for the One? Thanks

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if the notification light for htc one is still not customizable or have they changed that with one max? Also, is the light still hidden behind a grill like it was for the One? Thanks
Same as the HTC One, behind the speaker grille. Can't see any way to customize it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech