So disappointed about the One Max

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't need no stupid badly implemented finger scanner.

What I needed was everything the One Max is but with a decent camera. It didn't even need to be better than the camera on the One. Just as good as would have been acceptable.

I'm probably jumping ship to the note 3 after 4 years of owning nothing but HTC phones.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't need no stupid badly implemented finger scanner.

What I needed was everything the One Max is but with a decent camera. It didn't even need to be better than the camera on the One. Just as good as would have been acceptable.

I'm probably jumping ship to the note 3 after 4 years of owning nothing but HTC phones.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

I disagree..... the camera needed an upgrade over the HTC ONE. AT LEAST 6 ultra pixel or whatever they call it. the htc one has been out for 6 months-... there should have been bounds of upgrades for the maxx over the HTC ONE....

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
As much as I agree, I don't believe the max was meant to outperform the ONE or replace it in any way. It was just meant to be a different size option, much like the mini. I just assume they did not want to shadow the ONE and mini with a larger, upgraded model.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I would have accepted as good as the one in the camera department even though I was really expecting an improved camera.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
As much as I agree, I don't believe the max was meant to outperform the ONE or replace it in any way. It was just meant to be a different size option, much like the mini. I just assume they did not want to shadow the ONE and mini with a larger, upgraded model.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I'm gonna agree with this comment. The HTC One Max is basically a brother of the One, not an upgrade. Similar to how S4 Mega, S4 Mini, S4 Active, etc is for the S4.

Posted via Android Central App

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The max was one of my personal biggest dissapointments. It was like a dream come true. A bigger htc one with the same build quality, S800, Better camera, Sense 5.5...ON VERIZON!...but when the specs came out I was crushed.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The max was one of my personal biggest dissapointments. It was like a dream come true. A bigger htc one with the same build quality, S800, Better camera, Sense 5.5...ON VERIZON!...but when the specs came out I was crushed.

I was sorta in the same way! Minus Verizon though. I also felt this way with the Moto X personally. However I'm still very happy with my HTC One. I will be upgrading to the N5 here soon though.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
and why does it "need" an s800? What cant this phone do that it could with a S800?

You obliviously don't own this phone, so spare us from your un-informed opinions..

FortTech101

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
and why does it "need" an s800? What cant this phone do that it could with a S800?

You obliviously don't own this phone, so spare us from your un-informed opinions..

I agree, HTC optimizes their rifts re very well si the processor almost doesn't matter in some cases. Also you got a case of the autocorrects. Obliviously is hilarious.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree, HTC optimizes their rifts re very well si the processor almost doesn't matter in some cases. Also you got a case of the autocorrects. Obliviously is hilarious.

I didn't notice that before. Damn you auto correct!

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo